Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

450+whp Daily Driver Build Project

Old 12-10-2005, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE (renante @ Nov 5 2005, 05:13 PM)
Hi JonGTR,

my current manifold and garrett gt28rs turbo has a built in Actuator set at 1bar.
i'm changing the turbo manifold to similar to yours from T4turbotiburon, and the manifold has a piping for an external wastegate.

Is the wastegate piping connect directly to the dump pipe and exhaust?

Highjacking thread.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:26 AM

how is the project coming along? did you ever get the chance to hit the track or a dyno?
Old 12-10-2005, 09:54 AM

I have set the car aside for winter working on it slowly. I have recently been installing my standalone ecu and building a quad throttle body setup to replace the hacked stock manifold. A new head is getting ported to the extremes and a set of cams are being hardwelded and reground to 400lift 272 duration. With all these mods i expect to be around 325whp at 15 psi and 450 at 25 or so. The car ran great all the way up untill i parked it so no issues just changing the things out i didnt get to do before winter. I had fun with it and raced a few cars one consisted of a 12.7 v10swaped ford f150. He has swaped in a v10 into a shortbed f150 truck chassie with a 100shot he consistanly ran 12.7 quarters and currently has turbocharged it. He is a good friend of mine and we have also done some coustom build stuff for his truck. After he turbed it he was running 4psi of boost and he said it was faster on boost than with nitrous from a 55 roll on the highway (no good area around on streets) we layed into it he pulled about 1/2 a car untill i hit boost once i hit boost i pulled a good 5-6 cars on him between 60-110/115. Im estimating the car was running a low 12 in the quarter on 22psi and 97octane. I will have more updates when i get to the dyno next year in late jan or feb. Thank you for the interest

Renante sorry for the earlier reply it was 6 in the morning on a sat. I dont belive i installed a wastegate outlet on your manifold as you said you were using internal wastegate. You can have one installed by a fabricationist shop or use the internal wastegate on the gt28 turbo. You can do 2 things with the dump run it into the down pipe or just vent it into the atmosphere. I just normaly vent it kinda sounds cool if you have a good wastegate (tial have a distinct sound) My hks 50mm dosnt have any sound at all and its dumping right below the oil pan. Hope that clears it up for you.