Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

.36 a/r housing

Old 06-18-2011, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

never been turbod but i would agree with scoupels. having a DD means that you still have to maintain your stop/go and normal driving dynamics. so stock ratio would be a benefit as well as having your rain/snow characteristics be somewhat normal. i would guess boost that came on around 3k would be most practical.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Just wanna say not argueing first off, I have had both a 48 and a 63 AR, both on Stock Compression and on My now Built motor.

Stock compression the 48 ar is fine, IMO you really dont spool unless your atlest 50 percent throotle, also fast spool makes a mean street machine, with the 63 ar is was cool, yet spools way to late for a fun street car, wont make solid boost until 3rd gear.

Lower compression built motor, 48Ar is the only way to go, this thing rips, simply seems like a great combo like having a 52 ar it seems, spools extremely hard, packs a punch around 3.5k.

I simply would say if you street you car, and like to enjoy a quick car on the streets 48 if you track it alot want a just cruiser in town 63 Ar.

Also the Town, Rain, Snow thing I drive my car, rain shine, powder snow, ice, really dont have a issue, Like I stated above, if you can drive with out driving with a lead foot, your fine, Also if you have major issues driving under control more than less likely turbo isnt the best route for you.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:19 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

I simply would say if you street you car, and like to enjoy a quick car on the streets 48 if you track it alot want a just cruiser in town 63 Ar.

that's exactly what i meant. I'd still like some lag, besides i drive like a granny anyways so id doesn't matter to me if it boost at 3k or higher. lets see how my new project turns out. BTW it's not a Hyundai. hehehe