Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Aluminum radiator

Old 06-08-2011, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Elantra
Default Aluminum radiator

Hey I was wondering where I could get an aluminum radiator for my 98 elantra bloke a mishimoto? Does anyone know of a bolt on one??
Old 06-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Originally Posted by AvanteKing
bloke a mishimoto?

???

Anyway, if you want a radiator with more capacity for cooling, search this site for "Koyo" and you'll find one the turbo'd cars here run to give them better cooling AND more room in the engine bay.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i believe Koyo for the GK is the only one. but i'm running an Evolution 8 radiator from cxracing successfully. it's 1/3 as expensive as the overpriced Koyo. you just have to make your own brackets (i used the 4 polyurethane ones that came with my FALs), extend the overflow reservoir hose, and use Flex-A-Lite Tiburon fans.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRac...Q5fAccessories

cxracing $90.98 vs. koyo $297.00

practically the same thing, 2-column, different price.

Stock vs. Evo:

some folks have gone for the honda CRX half-core, but i wouldn't ever do that. also, if you have an automatic i think you would need a stock radiator as they have oil coolant lines (copper) for the transmission.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

half core is an option to free up some room, it ends up being around the same size as the stocker while allowing more airflow to the engine and works pretty well.

the evo 8 is also an option as HKC stated but you would have to do what he said with the mounts and hoses.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Originally Posted by Stocker
???

Anyway, if you want a radiator with more capacity for cooling, search this site for "Koyo" and you'll find one the turbo'd cars here run to give them better cooling AND more room in the engine bay.
You're not going to get more room in the engine bay with a radiator that's nearly twice as thick as the factory rad.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

yeah, with my shitty WG position on my car, i actually had to angle my koyo to the front of the car so the WG wouldn't hit the radiator, had about 1/2"-3/4" of room with the stocker.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:20 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

allowing more airflow to the engine
good point. i totally forgot about that.

the mounts and hose mods are real easy. for the hose, you just get a spare one from another Hyundai and use a hose connector. for the mounts, i used two FAL brackets up top, and relocated the two leftover stock brackets from up top and attached them to the bottom ones via long 1/4 screws and wing nuts for easy access and sure tightness (anti corrosive) and some very thick washers to clamp them down. the radiator just slid right in. so you still get bushing absorption. legit.

you might have to buy OBX hoses though (i think i have GK ones). the stock ones didn't want to fit. additionally you would have to make your own brackets to hold down the FALS in place. i did this by cutting metal brackets from the Home Depot Gutter section, and then painting them to look OEM lol.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i used honda half core wasnt bolt in but wasnt customer either. i think i used a peice of spare plumbers strap to secure it on top with stock mount on bottom

Old 06-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Optimoprime that last photo gives me a sweet idea for a turbo application. Grab an intercooler the same size as the gap on the right side of the radiator -with top/bottom tanks. Inlet at the bottom by the compressor outlet. Outlet at the top with a short section of pipe to the intake manifold. Almost the same amount of intake tract length as without an intercooler, but WITH an IC.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:18 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

you could do that but i think it might limit your space again. really the extra space is just enough for a larger turbo and removes the fan so you can pretty much fit anysize turbo/manifold you could imagine.

now just think if you did halfcore AND relocated alternator