Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

11.9@129 on street tires!!!!

Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11.9@129 on street tires!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEYY1NzPcf8
Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

More boost please!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Lovin the vids!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: 99 accent

Old 03-05-2011, 08:24 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

if that's on street tires why do a burnout? I always thought that was only helpful on slicks?

anyways great job!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by supercow
if that's on street tires why do a burnout? I always thought that was only helpful on slicks?

anyways great job!
just for fun!!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Nice run. I always do a quick burnout before a 1/4 mile run because it helps to remove any rocks or whatever might be on the tires. When I used to take my Z28 out for 1/4 mile runs I would drop the air pressure down to like 28psi then do a huge burnout before that run and the car had excellent traction off the line. There was one run where I did a small burnout and had horrible traction and smoked them off the line and had to back out of the throttle cause the car got too sideways. Every tire is different though and some get sticky right after a burnout and some don't. Only way to know for sure is to try it for yourself.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by krazytib
Nice run. I always do a quick burnout before a 1/4 mile run because it helps to remove any rocks or whatever might be on the tires. When I used to take my Z28 out for 1/4 mile runs I would drop the air pressure down to like 28psi then do a huge burnout before that run and the car had excellent traction off the line. There was one run where I did a small burnout and had horrible traction and smoked them off the line and had to back out of the throttle cause the car got too sideways. Every tire is different though and some get sticky right after a burnout and some don't. Only way to know for sure is to try it for yourself.
you are a genious!!!!!! Only way to know for sure is to try it for yourself is the best line i read in years but people who think they know everything dont think the same one.in my situation i use to do a small burn out before racing on street tires...but one day after a match race against another tiburon the guy heading the event told me to do a big burn out for taking some photos...so i do it like never...the car was almost in a clowd of smoke.the i did a pass and i feel a considerable diference in traction after doing a big burn out so i keep doing it because it give the best result.btw im using bf goodrich drag radials.