Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

HVE quick shifters

Old 02-09-2003, 03:22 AM
Al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVE quick shifters

i jsut checked out HVE's shifter nad it looks like it was simply shortend and put thread at the top.

any of you know what they actually did to the shock shifter that reduced the throw between shifts?

here is a pic of HVE's shifter for x3 accnts and like i said it look ssame as stock shifter except it is shorter...

[ February 17, 2003, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 02-10-2003, 09:12 AM

here ya go
Old 02-10-2003, 01:37 PM

there is no bend in the shifter, it does look like a shortend stocker. but it comes straight up without the bend. im also dumb when it comes to this but thats my guess.

drew
Old 02-11-2003, 01:32 PM

when I had my HVE short shifter put in i asked the guy the same question, they apparantly maniulate the levers and the base bracket to reduce the throw angle. Having said that mine does hit the console when shifting into second.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:52 AM

Vehicle: FX Coupe

they shortened the stick and cut a bit of the console out.
* Hint add spacers so it feels tight.

Not a great deal diff wen you first get it but wen you go back the stock shifter feels lame.

7/10 feels better and faster..
wink Cheers HVE....
*(Bretton)
Old 02-16-2003, 12:32 PM

alz99:

* Hint add spacers so it feels tight.
Umm, care to explain this one?
Old 02-17-2003, 10:37 AM

Vehicle: FX Coupe

its difficult to explain.
But here goes... where the stick joins the console put a washer or (spacer) there so it dosn't have any freeplay.

You will know when you get one.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:43 AM

i have two comments:

one: don't get the obx shifter. i've yet to derive some permanent fix for the lack of a bushing for the shifter.

two: there are two ways to look at short shifters. if you're purely into drag racing and require the shortest throw possible, then they are for you. if you're more of a road racing enthusiast, then short shifters aren't for you because the amount of time you spend reaching further down to grab the shift knob is usually in excess of the time you save with the shorter shift throws. i always wondered why ferraris had such tall shift knobs. well, this is why.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:26 PM

You guys should also keep in mind that there is a difference between a short shifter and a short "THROW" shifter. A short shifter is pretty much an OEM shifter with a shorter stick. A short THROW shifter can have the same length stick and that doesn't matter because the linkage to the control arm is angled differently and possibly shortened. I would prefer to get a short THROW shifter for my car because while it may not be as happenin' in appearance standards, I own a 2002 Elantra and the center console compartment is tall as crap. Putting a short shifter on there might look pretty but would be annoying as hell with slamming my elbow into that compartment constantly or just bending my arm very uncomfortably.