Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Regional Forums?

Old 05-02-2005, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Java/Redzman,

I actually though this site had em, because I was about to post a thread in the South East forums, but realized I guess I was wrong.

Do you think there will ever be any categories for forums based on regional location - like south east, south west, north west, north east, etc - so people can post about meets, or other regional things to members local to that area?
Old 05-02-2005, 09:59 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I was actually thinking about adding them again.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:00 AM

I think it is a good idea. Would make it much easier to post or find out about things happening close to you.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:02 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

is there gonna be a UK forum? LOL j/k theres only three or four people on here from over here... ninja.gif
Old 05-02-2005, 11:34 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (javageek @ May 2 2005, 03:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was actually thinking about adding them again.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

so they did exist once....I'm not <u>completely</u> crazy...laugh.gif
Old 05-02-2005, 02:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i dont think that they, individually that is, would get that much use. i think that simply putting the region in the title of a thread in the meets section is fine.

if we do end up making seperate ones, you think we could keep them in a subforum? seems like there is already to much stuff on the main forum index.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I hope we don't put them back, it'd make the forums WAY too big, and we'd have WAY too many rarely used ones.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:17 PM

Put them in sub-forums as said above.

Create one forum for ALL regions, then have each of the sub regions be subforums of it.

It would add 1 extra table/category to the entire forums.

Either way, people are going to post stuff, so what would be more clutterred - random regional posts all over the place, or regional posts in a neatly organized subforum?

The reason the forums are so big is because a lot of forums could actually be subforums (such as the car clubs, all the site-specific stuff, and all the complete categories under performance and looks to kill could be made subforums, and that would condense things a whole lot).

$0.02
Old 05-02-2005, 02:29 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i would like to go on the record to say i'm against that idea.

the hyundai forums that DO have 'em (HP, NT), really people only stick to their region and don't post elsewhere. i don't want this site to becoming cliquey, cuz thats how it is on the other sites, ESP NT.

when on NT.com, i only visit New England and Ontario. thats it. i'm sure there are other things going on elsewhere, but they don't interest me. too much clicking for my taste. if you separate this website, you're gonna find that people only look in their own region and don't go to the other areas

so... if we want to keep the close, family-like atmosphere then keep it the way it is
Old 05-02-2005, 02:33 PM

Dude it would only be for meets. Not for chating and such.