Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Regional Forums?

Old 05-02-2005, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I still say no.

Guys, we have about 2000 members. That's it.

go look at www.hyundaiperformance.com , over 25,000 members now I belive. Look at most of THEIR regional forums.

We don't need them. Anyone that wants to start a REGIONAL thread, you can start one in the Group Meets area and I'll make it a sticky. Regional threads will add about 1/3 to the forums, and will VERY rarely get used.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:06 PM

2000 members is a lot though, especially considering the narrowed range (RD's vs ALL hyundais).

Not posting to differ, but just wanted to say that this site has definitely grown nicely.

NT may have more members, but the old saying goes, "Quality over quantiy." There's probably more GK drivers than RD drivers anyway.

I think this site is pretty big for what it is. Size is relative. 2000 members would be tiny for a site dedicated to people who are right-handed. But it would be huge for a site for people who've been to outer space. For a site dedicated to just RD's (not all hyundais - not even all tiburons), this site is pretty big IMO.

I never thought of the clique-ness of NT as a result of regional forums, but that does make sense and something I wouldn't like to see here. If it would make cliques and all that garbage, then avoid it at all costs lol.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:31 PM

Redz I think that sounds like a fair compromise.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:11 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

im with redz also. we could use them, but just topics that are stickys as they would be rarely used. and would take away from the other forums.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:10 PM

Personally I don't even see the need for a sticky thread...what's the big deal about posting in the Group Meet forum?