Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....
View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Classifieds Only
45.95%
For Sale Forum Only
32.43%
Both Classifieds and For Sale Forum
21.62%
Neither
0%
Other: Please post
0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Classified/For Sale section

Old 02-08-2011, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

That is what happened to me... I had to log out, and back in to the site...
Old 02-08-2011, 05:53 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Tried that.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:33 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Well, not sure if my post was misunderstood.

However, in the forum style, if there was an issue, an open dialogue could be had. For example, if someone paid for something, and it was taking too long to ship, a person could bring up the issue on the forum, giving the seller a chance to reply. Be it "Been really busy," or "trying to find the right packing material" or whatever the reasoning is.

Understanding that the classified section DOES have an area for questioning does help, but I never noticed it until recently, and I have a feeling that many buyers may not catch it as well before going to a paypal dispute.

I have watched a few issues get resolved through the open forums, and have yet to see if any issues arise out of the classifieds.

I'd have to go with keep both going, and let the seller decide which medium to go through.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

We had a transition period. Nobody used the Classifieds while the comfortable inferior status quo was available. I actually didn't know it was there in a conscious way . . . I had seen it but never bothered to look.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

Wow I didn't expect this much response or even a Poll to a thread I started.

I do not believe we have enough people posting stuff for sale to justify a classified section. Yes the division of stuff is nice but sometimes we don't see a new thread for a couple of days.

I like looking at what people are selling because usually on our forum people sell multiple items at once. And when it is a single item it is usually listed as so. Yes there are times when the topic name is very poor.

Another advantage of the For Sale thread is sometimes people ask "Will this Fit a Beta I" or "Does this bolt on to ......" Maybe the seller doesn't know, but I know people are checking the thread not to purchase but to just look and they are the ones that answer those questions. I have seen it many times in the For Sale threads.

I wouldn't mind a separation of car stuff and non car stuff being sold. I do believe in improving things all the time, but maybe in this case just improving our For Sale thread would have been a better option than a new classified section.

Just a question but on average how many new classified have been added each day since it has started?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:32 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Tib

I like change when its good, and the classifieds is definitely something that makes the forum stand out. One of the things that draws me to this forum versus all of the other shitty hyundai forums is the new upgrades and fresh stuff thats always being added. Plus the helpful members and all that. My vote is to keep the classifieds in place.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I would still like to be able to edit my classifieds.

[#10924] Too much time has elapsed for you to edit this item.

It's been a couple days, but shouldn't we be able to edit them as long as we are the owners of the post? What if I want to add pictures, or drop the price? I've logged out/in as well.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:09 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

THE EDIT DOES NOT WORK. Simple.

I couldn't even edit 2 minutes after posting the ad. I can't edit to upgrade the FS ad with what items have been sold and what I have left.

The questions feedback on the bottom is useful if you could open a dialogue but you CANT. It's question, than reply. If I want to reply to another one of his questions or continue, it would have through be in PM's where other members might find that info useful but it's not public.

Rayne, you have 22 posts

Anyhow, the new system is not convenient, nor organized (in respects to communication), nor interactive, nor user-friendly. Those are my thoughts. If we don't get a choice whether we can use the forum or classified, I'll simply not post any more items FS after these last ones. It's a shame but its too tedious and time consuming. People that have not posted anything in the classified can't share my experience and shouldn't be given their input (from a sellers perspective.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:33 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

^^^^^ Tanc, that is exactly how i feel. I have no other input for this topic.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I cant diagnose the issue if some people are able to edit and others are not. I logged in as the test account, which set to a regular member. I was able to go in, create, and edit an ad with zero issues. Other people who posted in this thread are able to also. All permission levels are set to be able to edit their ads too.