Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....
View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Classifieds Only
45.95%
For Sale Forum Only
32.43%
Both Classifieds and For Sale Forum
21.62%
Neither
0%
Other: Please post
0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Classified/For Sale section

Old 02-08-2011, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Well I suppose I can share my opinion for whatever it's worth. I'm on 6 other major forums with 100,000+ active members, not one has moved to this style classified. HT is close, but their classified section has it's own forum.

I don't see what's wrong with having FS threads in the forum. It's complied in one thread, it's easily visible by all members that just browse the forums and everyone can see who is interested in what items. There's a lot more traffic and awareness in a forum than there is in a classified section.

Usually upgrades and improvements are thought after if there is a problem/concern/issue with the current system. If a car has 100hp/10mpg there's a problem. People what more horsepower and efficiency. That's why theirs new innovations in technology and economy/hp balance.

What issues did we have before with our FS section? I can't think of any except what majik said. Most people need to clarify in their topic description what they are selling but that can be easily learned. Like I mentioned, all the forums I'm on are still on the "old" style because it works and its user friendly. There are usually 30+ fs ads added everyday yet they still use the forum format. What do we see daily? 2-4 tops?

That's my opinion. Lets start a voting poll.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Poll added
Old 02-08-2011, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Accent

I like the classifieds much better than a for sale forum. Im on a local tuner site and they do it the classifieds way. Its alot easier to see what people are selling than doing a search and having to go through hundreds of threads to find what Im interested in. My vote goes to keep the classifieds in place.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:57 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Also this is a tip for the people that dont like the FS forum idea, and the fact that you are only shopping for a few select items. You can simply just go up to the search box, and type in "Strut Bar" or "Turbo" and you can even only select what forum you want it to search. therefor you dont have to spend tons of time opening up individuals threads within the forum. Now you have the items you asked for right in front of you with in seconds

For Sale Forum is the way to go, in my eyes.

Also as a heads up, you can NOT edit post made in the "Classified Section" even if there my OWN. I just tried to edit all 5 of the ones i have. The only thing it will let me do is delete them.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I was able to test the Classifieds earlier today and it let me edit them as a regular member...not an admin.

Can someone else confirm?
Old 02-08-2011, 01:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Yellow Tib

I just posted up my PS1 for sale in the classifieds and I was able to edit it just fine. I like the classifieds over a fs forum. its alot neater and nicer looking imo.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Turboron_99, 'you can run a search on the FS forum' is an argument FOR the Classifieds system IMO.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:30 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

^^^ I see your what your saying, but that is why the Classified is broke down into sections i thought... I have never used the the search to search for any item in the new classified section, simply just becuase I only use it when must. Not to browse like i use to, when it was a FS forum.

Also wanted to do a recap of my last few post. Not sure what happened but I just logged out, and relogged in, then went to try to edit my posts in classified, it works.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I see this as a transition period, and I personally see nothing wrong with having both methods, and allowing cross posting. That way a seller can do whichever method they prefer and think can benefit them the most.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:32 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

^^ Well than lets do it that way and it's a WIN-WIN for all members. People can choose what they like best. We can do this for a month and see what is used more often and then get some feedback on it.

I tried editing my FS thread 2 minutes after I posted it because I forgot to add some details and I got this error:

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10924] Too much time has elapsed for you to edit this item.

I also have a question in my classifieds that I was not notified about. I stumbled across the question by scrolling down the ad just to see what I put in the price box. Why is there no notification?