Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Arcade problem

Old 12-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150
Default Arcade problem

Seems to be really slow to update scores. Sometimes they don't update at all. I just set a new high score for Gigolo at 1080, but it didn't update. The game window went gray and the status bar at the bottom of the page said "transferring data from www.hyundaiaftermarket.org...". It stayed like that for 10 minutes+ and then the page reloaded and my score wasn't there. It's done this to me a few times playing different games. sometimes it does update the score if I let it sit for 10 minutes or so and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not using any bandwidth for anything else and the rest of the site works fine.

EDIT: OK, it just did it again. That's twice I've set a new record for that game and it locked up. I did notice that this started happening when the snowflakes showed up. Is there any way I can turn them off? Maybe that's the problem, maybe not. I'm running FF right now, I'm gonna try IE and see if it still happens.

EDIT: I tried it with IE and everything was going great until I finished the really long "Find her differences" game. It wouldn't upload my score again, only this time it was because the board had logged me out while I was playing. To start the game again, I had to log back in. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I don't know what's going on with that, I looked at the Arcade and you've got a high score of 13XX points in Gigolo, is it maybe not updating for you but updating on the server?

I've never been logged out while online, IDK what the deal is with that one.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

See my third edit. When I switched to IE, it started working fine for a bit, but now it's back to not updating my scores again. Doesn't matter if I use FF or IE. When I finish a game, the game area turns gray and the site doesn't reload with the new score. It just sits there. If I reload myself, it shows my old high score. I've tried F5 refreshing to no avail. I assume the games in the arcade are on a remote server somewhere and our site just loads them during play? Maybe there's a problem with the game server?
Old 12-28-2008, 01:20 AM
Administrator

Weird. I can't find anything wrong with the settings. I'll see if I can make it happen for me or not.

[EDIT]
I am not sure what's going on, it works fine for me.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know... I just played the 59 round "Find Her Differences" and cleared every round in less than a minute. At the end, the game went gray and it said "transferring data from hyundaiaftermarket.org..." and just sat there for 5 minutes. Usually, after a few seconds, the mouse pointer turns into that little blue circle and the high scores page loads. This time, the pointer never changed. It's like whatever part of the program that's supposed to run at the end of the game that sends the score and then loads the high scores page just isn't executing. It kinda sucks spending over 20 minutes playing a single game, kicking a*s and then losing your score.

EDIT" It's not happening EVERY time. Just fairly often. I did get through it once and set the 3rd place record, but I should be first now.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:51 AM
Administrator

I would consider checking that your flash is up to date. I played several games and set a few high scores (and many other scores) and I wasn't able to get it to hang for more than at the most 30 seconds before submitting my score successfully.

Aside from that what O/S and browser versions are you running? Maybe it's an incompatibility somewhere.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

There is no remote server for the games. They are all loaded up on HA. I just went in and tried a bunch of games, and had no issues at all. It could be your flash settings, but otherwise I'm not sure why its doing that to you. I have no control over what the games do and dont do, since they are developed and coded by other sites. I just host and load them on our server and database.

As for the logging out issue, that one definitely has me stumped, since I changed the settings on the board to keep people logged in unless you change browsers, close and re-open a new browser session, clear your cookies, or change your IP address.

I checked the database also, just to make sure there were no issues with that, and everything is optimized with no SQL errors showing up. Wish I could help out more, but it sounds like its coming from your end, and not with the site.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

I'm running FF 3.0.5, Vista Home Premium 32 SP1, IE 7.0.6001.18000. I don't know how to check my flash version, but I installed the newest version about a month ago. I haven't tried yet today.

EDIT: OK. It was fine all day and now it's happening again. Only seems to happen at night. Seems like an internet traffic issue, but every other site I go to is fine. This time, I let it sit until the page finally reloaded. I got an error message when it did. This is what it said:

"The error returned was:

This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved. -> Took to long to complete request"

EDIT: Ok... it has to be traffic or something like that. When I click on the "arcade" link at the top of the page, it takes several minutes to load.