Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Automatic sign off??

Old 12-22-2008, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Hyundai Elantra SE
Default Automatic sign off??

I notice when return here after several hours I have to sign back in. I have it set so the board will remember my sign in from before, but it still automatically signs me off. It is somewhat annoying to have to sign in every day.

Any way to fix this?
Old 12-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Its a security thing I have built into the site, to prevent hackers or people logging in as you. If you close your browser and then open a new one, the site see's it as a new session....hence creating a new cookie for the user logging in. Or if you change IP's, it will do the same thing as well.

I had it switched so that you didnt have to keep logging in, in the beginning stages of the site, but we had an issue with people doing things they shouldnt. So the new security measures were put in place to stop alot of stuff that was going on.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:03 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

Good move. Thanks Visions.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:34 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

I never sign off and it always has me logged in when I come back, its nice
Old 12-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I just have FF set to remember my car board passwords.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:08 AM

Vehicle: 02 accent

At work it always remembers me, until I restart the comp.

At home I gotta relogon everytime I switch computers, every new day, and after everytime I check here from work.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:04 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L

I have to say I find it quite annoying, it seems every time I go to post a reply I have to sign in, and it erases my reply and shoots me to the forum front page (where I have to find what thread I was replying to). This is the major reason why I don’t come on as much. I do look at the threads; I guess I'm too lazy to login in every time I need to reply. I only use HA when I’m at work. So FF doesn’t work. I have tried portable FF, but it runs too slow.
I’m sorry to say, this is to much for me to keep login in ever time I want to do something.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Hyundai Elantra SE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jsharptooth91 @ Dec 24 2008, 06:04 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>I have to say I find it quite annoying, it seems every time I go to post a reply I have to sign in, and it erases my reply and shoots me to the forum front page (where I have to find what thread I was replying to). This is the major reason why I don’t come on as much. I do look at the threads; I guess I'm too lazy to login in every time I need to reply. I only use HA when I’m at work. So FF doesn’t work. I have tried portable FF, but it runs too slow.
I’m sorry to say, this is to much for me to keep login in ever time I want to do something.</div>

That is my complaint. A constant sign in is annoying. Yahoo groups, which I am a member of 2 forums will remember me for 2 weeks.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Hmmm....ok....I'll look into it a bit more then. It shouldnt be causing people to have to log in when they create replies. This is the first I've heard of people having that issue. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. smile.gif
Old 12-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Ok....made some changes. Should be good now and people shouldnt have to log in as much as before. If you change browsers, or have different IP addresses, you will have to log in when switching. But those of you who have to log in when making replies, shouldnt have to worry about that anymore. Let me know if there are any other issues. smile.gif