For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

Rough Price Check On My Tib?

Old 04-04-2007, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Got an '01 tib w/ 72k miles, stick, in mostly good condition I'm looking to exchange for a Miata (I know, blasphemy!)..

Paint job was redone at ~50k - same blue color, but with white stripes.. Regular oil changes, new timing belt, new brakes (as of 60k).. Some minor cosmetic damage on the front left corner of the car near the headlight - slid off the road in the snow and nicked a sign. Engine runs smooth as it did on day 1, clutch still firm.. All season tires in good shape.

AEM CAI/filter, Short throw shifter (brand name escapes me, but it was one of the recommended ones on rdtiburon), white background/blue glowing indiglo gauges (AOS Racing).. Harmon/Kardon stereo unit.. Works good, but the LCD panel is screwed up..

Certain interior pieces are painted white, and unfortunately, it has started to chip a little in a couple spots.

Wondering about what price I should expect private sale or trade-in given the information I've provided...
Old 04-04-2007, 09:54 PM

6k, 7k mabye.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:55 PM

5.5-6.5k is what I would say.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:02 PM

Vehicle: 1992 Honda Accord EX

Here's how people normally go about this.

You set a price on how much YOU think it's worth.

Potential Buyers will either agree or disagree on the price depending on what THEY think it's worth.

Set a price to work with and also set a bottom line price. The bottom line price is what you should never go below that way you think you are getting the money you think it's worth. Don't let anyone know your bottom line price that way potential buyers will keep thinking that you are still willing to make a deal.

With that said, I'd say If I was in the market for an RD2. It's got really good miles for it's age. Maintenance seems to be up to date. I would expect the dents and a couple of scratches from use. Most aftermarket items don't raise the value of a car. I will normally stray from any car that has been modified but I have exceptions.

I'd say about $6500.00 USD
Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 AM

RD2's are aging fast and losing value quickly. The painted interior and white stripes will probably drive away the typical buyer who just wants a small sporty car that gets good fuel economy. We paid $6,500.00 for our first RD2 back in 2003 with 50k on the clock. I bought a nice RD2 with 76k original miles off of eBay for $400.00 (2000 5-speed w/sunroof). Most of them I have seen sell lately that are stock go for around $2,500-3,000.00. Your mileage is an asset but I guess you'd be hardpressed to get $4,000.00 for it. This is just my opinion. When you sell it let us know. I am curious what you will get for it.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:37 AM

i kind of agree with that. the interior and stripes would drive some people off. i think you could get 5 for it if you found the right buyer. tiburons are really starting to lose value. thats why i know ill stick with mine till its dead. i could never get what i feel would be worth it
Old 04-05-2007, 12:05 PM

Hmm, interesting. So do you think it would be worth it to fish up some stock colored interior pieces and replace?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

i would say 8k why that leave you room to barter with the person who will buy it... why sell yourself short? start at 8 and if he says he can give you 7.5 in cash take it.. always leave you that coushion to wheel&deal.. looks clean.. it looks like the tiburon speical that they sold over here years ago.. all the body pannialing was aluminum..
Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 PM

Thats what I would do. Or get some type of close to stock color and just repaint them.

True, But if you start too high people are just going to roll their eyes and think to themselves "goodluck".