For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

Fs: Shorty Antennas - $25 Shipped

Old 04-12-2007, 10:24 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon

Check it out!
<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100984</span>

Please post comments or questions either here or there. If you're not a member of NT.com, now is a good time to sign up! I'm not going to try to make a list on both forums and coordinate the two. These fit perfectly on the RD1, RD2, GK, GK FL1, GK FL2, and all years Elantra! smile.gif

Thanks!
Paul
Old 04-12-2007, 11:47 PM

The problem with ebay antennas is that they will be deformed in shape( it bends toward to the rear of the car )after a few highway runs.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:19 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

Really? Hum... if it doesn't mess with reception I'd almost consider that a bonus.

Gives a more wavy look to the thing, since it would be be standing straight up. Would match the lines of our cars.

Assuming its not going to keep bending and break off or is so bent that it looks sad.

Would have to compare pics... got any?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^ Well this guy isn't selling the 13"!! For the people who do like the 4" ones, this is pretty much their only option to get it. There's other possibilities for taller antennas other places, but nowhere where you can get it that short with that much reception and actually fitting in the RD series.
He's got a ton of pics on either this forum or NT, just browse through his posts.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:46 AM

I think the guy is saying the finished product is now measuring at 6". Which is still an upgrade over the 13" ebay one.

The ebay one shouldn't bend after highway runs btw (mine hasn't for a almost a year now) but as I've stated before I am not very happy with the reception at all.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:14 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (enigo @ Apr 13 2007, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I dunno... 4-6" seems a bit too short for an Antenna. I think it'd look rather stumpy, like it broke off or something at that length. Got any pics of it on a RD? All the ones were on a GK

I know the 30" monster is quite horrible, but I think a 13" antenna would honestly look better. $10 cheaper too... guess you're paying for the lack of material really laugh.gif

Besides, people don't like things of that shape and that small size associated with them really... the implications...</div>

Well, go ahead and get that one, but I can assure you that it will break faster, not have as good of reception, and their service will be nowhere near as good as mine. Plus, I think that style of antenna looks like crap. Everyone who knows about antennas shorter than 13" has one. I don't think there are any "implications" except how hot it looks.

Why do you think the eBay one is so cheap? Because it is. Please watch my test videos to view the durability of my antennas.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nate704 @ Apr 13 2007, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The problem with ebay antennas is that they will be deformed in shape( it bends toward to the rear of the car )after a few highway runs.</div>

And they simply look awful. Replacing the stock antenna with one triple the width and only half the length doesn't make too much sense.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (enigo @ Apr 13 2007, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Really? Hum... if it doesn't mess with reception I'd almost consider that a bonus.

Gives a more wavy look to the thing, since it would be be standing straight up. Would match the lines of our cars.

Assuming its not going to keep bending and break off or is so bent that it looks sad.

Would have to compare pics... got any?</div>

No, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to buy one to compare. You can if you would like to.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Apr 13 2007, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^^ Well this guy isn't selling the 13"!! For the people who do like the 4" ones, this is pretty much their only option to get it. There's other possibilities for taller antennas other places, but nowhere where you can get it that short with that much reception and actually fitting in the RD series.
He's got a ton of pics on either this forum or NT, just browse through his posts.</div>

Yes, I am selling the 6" S2K replica. You can get an actual S2K by ordering an adapter for $14 and the antenna for anywhere between $15 and $20. The reception of the normal S2K is made by a little metal spring (bad). My reception is made by a solid steel bar in the antenna. The Perrin version, which is 4", also has a steel core. You CANNOT get this antenna from Perrin.com. It will not fit. This is now your only way to get such a short antenna. I cannot, however, guarantee the reception of this shorter one, although it should still be pretty good. It's what I have now and I don't have any problems.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rare Rolla @ Apr 13 2007, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think the guy is saying the finished product is now measuring at 6". Which is still an upgrade over the 13" ebay one.

The ebay one shouldn't bend after highway runs btw (mine hasn't for a almost a year now) but as I've stated before I am not very happy with the reception at all.</div>

Reception is great for mine. I'm doing reception video-testing today, for all to see.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i actually think the 13" one looks as good or better than the shorter antenna here, and its ability to bend more will mean less chance of causing damage to the mount if you leave it on through a car wash or something. it also comes with an adapter than makes it look like a really oem install.

but as said before, reception was pretty shitty. also, i have had pretty bad oxidation in between the adapter and the antenna, even with some dielectric grease in there to keep moisture out. i would swap out for this antenna if i had the money, but i do not.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:47 AM

Sent paypal payment...noted RDTiburon Username. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

seriously.... AutoZone has short antennas. $5 for mine that's about 7-8". Comes in white or black with adapters to fit Hyundai, or Ford, or Chrysler, or GM. Had mine for 5+ years, got one for my wife's mustang 3-4 years ago. No problems (except for drive-thru car wash ripping it out when I had antenna ball on it years ago, but I just put threading tape around it and screwed it back in)
Old 04-13-2007, 08:26 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

Meh... was just joking a little bit. Honestly didn't see any pictures of your antenna on a RD1 or 2, and since its a RD forum, thought you might post a pic or 2 of your antenna installed.

As to why its so cheap on ebay? Probably because they make tons of antennas and can mass-produce them...

Honestly if you want to sell them, don't make your potential customers search through a 5 page thread on another forum to find a picture.