For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

Fs: R-side Big Bore Throttle Body

Old 11-18-2005, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Nov 17 2005, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>interested buyers with questions or dibs ONLY.... drillsergeant.gif</div>

Heh. I happen to be an interested ADMIN with questions.

Answer up boyo.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:28 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

ah shit, forgot about that part. me= owned.gif

same reason I have stated the last THREE times you've asked me Jeremy, jeez...
I should just go search and copy paste all my answers in this thread, but no time;

1.)I am in a very expensive school (something like $955 a credit hour, $200+ every time I fly, $100+ every time I'm in a simulator, etc. etc.)

2.) I am very poor, LOL.

3.) I cannot get a decent job because I am in school or the air all day, EVERY day. Unless I work graveyard at a friggin grocery store and forget about sleep.

4.) My parents are poor, LOL. I have no clue why I chose this school. rolleyes.gif

and finally, 5.) because my car is the only thing I have left of value. (even though KBB, and Nada.com say it is worth $1,850 the parts on that car alone exceed it's market value price. heh

Really REDZ, the whole reason I am doing this damned ipod thing is so I can turn around and re-sell them. LOL, I don't want a friggin iPod (well, I do but gettin money is first priority).

Now, I repeat:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>interested buyers with questions or dibs ONLY.... drillsergeant.gif</div>
LOL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Heh. I happen to be an interested ADMIN with questions.</div>

last time I checked, ADMIN's could still use the PM function of this site. Also there's IM's, E-mail, hell you even have my phone number....

[/rant]
Old 11-18-2005, 10:38 AM

Oh, it was just asked so everyone else wouldn't ask.

Pick it up guys, great price for a great TB. I used to have one.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:49 AM

It's mine suckers.

cool.gif

I don't know much about this one (I was previously eyeing the 65mm on Kspec).

Which one would be better for a mildly tuned NA tib? (cai/eq lngth h/ 2.5 exhaust/airram/cams/p&p head etc.)

This is a merely academic question, as I have already decided to purchase it.

Thanks

Aviv
Old 11-18-2005, 10:58 AM

well, bigger is not always better with an NA set-up. If you plan on boosting, more air is ALWAYS better, so in the case of a future turbo...the biggest diameter possible.

Now with NA, it is generally agreed that one should keep the diameter of the intake tubing consitent up to the intake manifold. The airram will take car of grabbing all that air and slamming it into your cylinders through velocity stacks and long runners, cool.gif .

So, whatever diameter the airram is would be the best mm diameter for your throttle body. This is adjustable up to three degrees, so you have some options with this throttle body.

If you REALLY want to get serious about your intake airflow, you shoudl look into getting rid of your MAF (i.e air restriction), and maybe a non-rubber elbow (<<mainly needed for boosted).

^^That would mean switching to a MAP-based engine or tuning your car some other way than it's stock MAF-system.

and to all interested, Aviv is right. HE has dibs, and I am expecting payment in 72hrs. (wow, that sounds demanding but, you know Aviv).
Old 11-18-2005, 11:08 AM

Sorry for the mild OT, but I remember reading that the Airram is 63-64mm. Isn't this TB maxed at 61mm?

Not that I care about 2mm, just wanted to know if I was correct. Plus, isn't 61mm nearly a 10mm difference over stock?

I'll tell you what America, I'm excited! With the TB, my air intake path is complete. Now if I could get my hands on that lovely Equal length header set from John @ hotshot, I'll be a happy camper.

P.S. You'll get your money my friend. I'm a good person to do business with.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:29 AM

the airram is 68mm, but really. 61mm TB is plenty enough.

Look for a perfect fitting, "home-made" 65mm throttle body posting soon. wink1.gif

But 68 and 70m throttle bodies would need to be custom made (none produced yet).

There are a few members who have posted about their dad's/friend's having CNC machines and the possibilities of making us 65-70mm throttle bodies.
...where those threads went, I have no clue. shrug.gif

-peace, thanks for the re-assurance Aviv. wink1.gif
Old 11-18-2005, 04:38 PM

You'll notice some definate improvement on the airram with this installed.

Also, there ARE custom sized BBTB's coming for us soon, I'm working it out...
Old 11-21-2005, 12:24 AM

Problems with Rside??

Patrick, if you are indeed facing these problems with the Rside TB, then I might have to reconsider this sale. I use the car as a daily driver and often drive at WOT. I don't want to chance this thing sticking shut on me.

If this is the case, could you refund the payment made, or otherwise re-send the money back to the account? Otherwise it's fine.

Either way let me know. Thanks.

Aviv
Old 11-28-2005, 09:08 AM

Have you shipped it yet? I haven't received a notification or a tracking number.

If what you're saying is true and there is no problem with the TB, then I look forward to receiving it.

I have fixed th problem. The sticky problem I noticed was when I forst got the TB installed (almost a year ago). It was due to slack in the throttl cable lines just as REDZ postedl. It has been fixed and works fine now. I autocross with my car and am at WOT the entire time, the throttle body operats fine under these conditions.

Above quote included for other people with similar issues.