For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

Fs: Eibach Front Sway Bar

Old 05-19-2008, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I bought this Eibach sway bar set from landshark recently. We installed the rear sway bar, and tried to install the front bar, but lost patience with it. So I decided I liked how the car felt with just the rear bar on.

The front sway bar is brand new, never installed. As I said we tried to install it, but gave up half way. The red finish did get a little scratched up, but it won't effect the integrity of the bar, and you won't see that part anyway at all. The bushings will be included.

I paid $300 shipped for the set a few weeks ago, and am asking $125 + shipping OBO for the front bar.

This is the pic landshark posted of it (hope you don't mind me borrowing your pic dude):

The top bar is the front bar. If you'd like me to get a current pic of the bar, I'll be more than happy too.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

whats the size difference over stock?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:21 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Does it have the bushings aswell? If so I'm interested
Old 05-19-2008, 07:22 PM

I read somewhere that it is 16mm, but I'm not positive on that. It is definitely bigger and more solid than the stock bar. I can post a comparison pic between the stock rear bar and the Eibach front bar if you want.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:58 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

...and you're returning to Canada again when?
Old 05-19-2008, 08:02 PM

June 12th, until June 17. You want it? I'll give it to you for $125.

BTW, H&R and Whiteline sell rear sway bars separately, in case you wanted to change both. I think I read somewhere that Eibach no longer makes these sway bars.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:41 AM

If the kit you bought from Eibach is for the rd chassis these are the specs of the swaybars :

<u>Stock</u>

Front : 24mm
Rear : 18mm

<u>Eibach kit for rd tibs</u>

Front : 20mm
Rear : 16mm

I've take these specs directly from Eibach's website.

The materials Eibach uses to produce these is much stronger than the oem bar, but I've never liked the fact that they're kit is smaller than stock. In comparaison, H&R's kit is 26mm in the front and 22mm in the rear. An other option if you prefer Eibach's products is to buy the rear swaybar for the GK tibs and install it on the rd, you'll get a 22mm bar this way, but some lite modification will be required to have it fit prefectly.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:41 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick @ May 19 2008, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>June 12th, until June 17. You want it? I'll give it to you for $125.</div>

Yeah, I'll take it if you don't mind being a courier again. lol.

Was it really that difficult to put in that you just gave up?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:03 AM

Thanks Pascoile for the info.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The materials Eibach uses to produce these is much stronger than the oem bar, but I've never liked the fact that they're kit is smaller than stock.</div>

Well, it is smaller, but the biggest benefit to the suspension in regards to sway bars is in a bigger rear bar, because of the understeer in the rear. So you wouldn't really need the thickest bar in the front if you have a thicker bar in the back.

BTW I'm pretty sure the Eibach specs are wrong, they list the rear as 16mm, but Jeg's says its 26mm. Also the front bar appears to be bigger than the rear. I'll have to measure it because I don't trust those specs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, I'll take it if you don't mind being a courier again. lol.

Was it really that difficult to put in that you just gave up?</div>

Yeah, it was a big PITA.

Let me hold off on selling it for right now though. Jed's talking me into keeping it because he wants to install it when I swap in my new head. So, let me think about it. I'll let you know for sure.