Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Travis Pastrana In Wrc 07

Old 12-18-2006, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Travis Pastrana, the 21 year old from Annapolis, Maryland who did the double backflip at Moto-X this summer at X-Games 2006 and beat Colin McRae at X-Games rally by winning first by one second is being sponsored by Subaru WRC to drive their Subary Impreza in WRC 2007. This will be the only American in the World Rally Championship and the first one in a long, long time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome to the big time

Subaru Rally Team USA's Travis Pastrana has announced a three year program which will see the young American star contesting WRC events as early as 2007, culminating with a full FIA Production car World Rally Championship bid in 2008 and 2009. Pastrana will also continue his Rally America campaign in an effort to defend the title he won this year.

Subaru Rally Team USA announced today that it will contest three Group N events in 2007 with Pastrana at the helm of a Subaru Impreza. The team looks to be the first American company to run an American driver in international rally competition. Though the events which Pastrana will contest have not been confirmed, a source at Vermont SportsCar, the company which prepares the Imprezas for the Subaru Rally Team USA, stated that initial planning indicates Corona Rally Mexico, Rallye Argentina and Wales Rally GB as the three events.

"Our recently announced 3-year extension with Travis Pastrana as a driver for Subaru Rally Team USA shows our commitment to Travis, the Rally America National Championship, and the sport of rally," said James Han of Subaru of America, Inc. "The prospect of developing a driving talent such as Travis with the goal of having an American compete successfully at the WRC level is an exciting one. Although the team's primary objective in 2007 will be to retain the Rally America title in our Subaru Impreza WRX STI rally cars, evaluating development opportunities for Travis is also a key priority."

The next outing for Pastrana in a rally car will be this weekend at the Race of Champions, where he will represent America's rally talent against the likes of Sebastien Loeb and Marcus Gronholm.</div>

Wow... the guy is amazing and from down my alley. I thought things were impossible until now this guy proved me the hell wrong. Way to go up to the big leagues, he'll be earning a salary close to a movie star if not more.

God I wish I could do what this guy did... Way to f*ck school haha. Way to represent America, he's a nice fellow.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:44 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

nioce!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

thats awesome ,but he better still compete in the moto-x at the x games. Seeing the things he does up in the air is unreal!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:27 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah that was crazy! a little wrong movement and he could have broken his back and died instantly. this guy is amazing. so now Sebastian Loeb has got some competition. An American Marylander 2 year old WRC driver.

I can only imagine what he's going to to doing the real thing. He's going to eat up the whole championship for midnight snack!