Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Solo Events.

Old 09-10-2003, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solo races

So, anyone running solo I or solo II events ?

I've been racing solo II events for 3 years now and my driving skills have gotten better and better everytime I'm on the track but my car doesn't want to follow
I have to admit that the tibis are poor in the corners, the rear wheels always come off the group, sometime almost high enough to clear the cones.
Just wanted to know if anyone else races solo events and what kind of mods they have on their cars to keep them on the ground.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:44 AM

Thanks,

I already got a front Strut bar, looking for a rear one now...
Also trying to find an affordable sway bar and I know HP as the best deal right now on a whiteline but I got to get it across the border to Canada and that's expensive these days.

Just invested on 17" rims with Kumho 712 Supra tires, but next year I'm going with some R-compounds. So far the Kumho 700 Victoracer.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I've got a full set of bars, and am getting the front LOWER bar soon too.

Tony (Random) at HA.com told me that if I put the rest of the bars on, it'll be fantastic (Though it seems no one in the us has a Center bar yet, woohoo!), but that I will definately want the front lower bar, that the Tib needs it bad.

MY car should be about as stiff as cardboard. wink.gif

Swaybars?

Whiteline and Eibach, great names. I'll prolly get Eibach's to go with the springs later.

EDIT: And of course, you can get all of that besides the swaybars at Kspec.com.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:55 PM

MitchD

I have to recommend the following:
-Eibach sway bars
With the sway bars, F&R strut bars are optional, it doesn't hurt though. laugh.gif
The Sway bars will definitely help with your 3 wheeling. Last year I remember me 3 wheeling during the slaloms,... have it on video somewhere too. The guy who was shooting was like "dude, take a look at this..." It was like I was towing a unbalanced trailer.
it's hard to see here, but yeah the wheel is off, last year when I had just f&r strut bars:
http://www.hyundai-owners.com/june30-02/Pi...cture%20077.jpg
Oh here's a better pic of one of the other guys, with the same setup as I had:
http://www.hyundai-owners.com/june30-02/Pi...cture%20070.jpg

-Lower the car will lower your center of gravity,... but at the same time change the struts,... with lowering springs and stock struts, it will not respond as fast and your OEM struts will die shortly. Well I guess if you drive as aggressively as I do. Adjustables would be optional, but I couldn't find any in time, and settled for the Eibach pro kit struts. Which I have no complaints about.

-Smaller tires, more control, you're not going that fast that you need the 17's and the Kumho V700's are cheap and good, lots of the local guys use them. Couple of them even have it on some stealies.

Edit: I changed the pictures to links. They are way too big. -Javageek
Old 09-17-2003, 04:50 AM

Ya, I was reading your oder post and I agree with you the sway bar is next for sure and I already have the v700 in view for next spring but there are 2 r-compound choices the victoracer and the escta. And I was thinking of getting a 14" to get the diameter even smaller for racing.