Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Sept 14th AutoX

Old 09-16-2003, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are the pix:
http://www.hyundai-owners.com/autox03-09-1...ox03-09-14.html

The silver Tib is mine laugh.gif
Favorite shot:
http://www.hyundai-owners.com/autox03-09-1...cture%20005.JPG

There are some shots of a red 95 240SX, which is a former Tib owner,...well he still has it,... it's up for sale, oh yeah it's got the Alpine Supercharger installed! :twisted: If anyone is interested I'll send ya his email, shipping might be a issue though if you're outta the country.

Oh and the red civic you see is turbo'd, oh my! This thing moved!
There is a white 1st gen with Studie front and turby skirts, that's Jon, he didn't compete but will probably do it this sunday.
And there was an Elantra GT too,... don't know him

Anyway, got a chance to test out the Eibach setup,.... OH MY GOD!
It handles SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice!
I recovered very quickly,... well ok until the last run, when I went into a chicane a little too quick and couldn't recover, wink.gif :x it was my last run,... I went nutz! laugh.gif But yeah it handles completely different,... I had to relearn it. It behaves like a different car. Understeer was nearly nil, until some of the roundabout where I was going WAY too fast laugh.gif
I did OK, but I know I can do better,... there is one this sunday, which I will be attending too. 1st time this year wasn't bad,... but I think I know the car better for next time.

Oh yeah in Slaloms, setup was the same, end of one, start the other, but I could of gone faster, found myself going straight for a short time. And when I tried it faster, the car just took it like it was nothing. DAMN I LOVE THE SWAY BARS! laugh.gif

Oh yeah, and there was a few times I had gone sideways, and I just pointed it back to where I want, and it whiped back...
It was a nice feeling!

Tires, (mainly from the last run laugh.gif) had the usual wear on it. The first 3 runs the didn't take much abuse.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group Buy Notice

That's sounds great!
I was still hesitating in investing into a sway bar and I was also looking at the cheaper Whileline sway bar but from what you're saying and from what I see on this board you get what you pay for so I'll be getting the Eibach sway bar for sure now.

We have a big event Oct 04th & 5th, last regional for us and I'm 2nd in my class and with 2 wins I could finish first.