Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Represent Rd On Pinks..

Old 07-13-2006, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

I was just thinking after watching the season primere of PINKS(you know the lose the race, lose your ride show) why don't someone get on the show and represent. Honestly I would do it if I still had my GK and I had some sponsors to help me with the build up. There is no way I would be able to fund the project, so I would need some help. My car is paid off, so I would be able to throw down some pink slips. Probably try to get set up with a honda or something. Just think the rep tibs would get if the car was on the show and blew away the competition. Then we would be able to throw it right back into superstreet and sport compact for bagging on the cars all the time and saying hondas are superior.

Now you couldn't loose though, because then it would just tarnish the name even more. You'd have to go balls to the walls out.

I don't know if anyones in a position to even consider it but it would help out the franchise and name of hyundai and the tiburons.

If it was me I would be trying to get all the big name companies to help with sponsorship and even hyundai itself. It would be major publicity for everyone.

Like I said though, you gotta win......
Old 07-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I think the show is stupid. Looks staged sometimes and i've heard a bunch of rumors flying around car sites. I'm not big on the show. Not worth it in my opinion.
[sarcasm]I'd rather represent Hyundai by getting in a good magazine such as Super Street or something like that. [/sarcasm]
Old 07-13-2006, 02:56 AM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

I can see it in saying sometimes it looks rigged. Sometimes. I like to watch the show from time to time, not a big avid watcher but sometimes the races are great to watch. Reason I put this out there is because you know as well as I do, hyundai and especially Rd's have a very small market. Frankly besides us here, there isn't much out there. Rd's have been pretty much been swept under the rug by the GK market and all the newer cars coming out. Hyundai for that matter is just now starting to make a name in america but still not for being a perfomace company but more of a cheap economical way of transportation. I'm sure in the future the company will get bigger but for us and the Rd's what are we to do. Unless some of us take some risks and put ourselves really out there to build up the name and respect, we will always be in the shadows being tossed to the side as an after thought. I personally hate to be in comparison to a cavalier or beretta. I have my car debadged and sometimes I ask what kinda car people think it is and I get, cavalier, beretta,talon,eclipse all the time. I would for once like to crawl out from the shadow of those and not be so much compared or mistaken for them. I go into autozone and advance auto and tell them I need a part for my HYUNDAI and they say excuse me did you say HONDA.

Today was nice though, some mercedes SLK wanted to race. I didn't of coarse especially since everythings still just breaking in but I took that as a compliment to even have some guy think I would be able to compete with something so highend. If we want this market to grow, then its up to us. Hyundai and the aftermarket crowd is only going to help if we can show them theres a profit.

One way I thought to get some public acknowledgement would be to get on something like pinks, on television and show all those viewers that we have a car that demands recongnition and respect....
Old 07-13-2006, 05:12 AM

i know the people that did the chitown racing vs scandalous racing episode. its not set up, but chitown didnt really lose there car, they just bought it back for a doller at the end of taping.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:40 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hcriddick21 @ Jul 13 2006, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Today was nice though, some mercedes SLK wanted to race. I didn't of coarse especially since everythings still just breaking in but I took that as a compliment to even have some guy think I would be able to compete with something so highend.</div>

man i typiclally find that when people like that want to race, u should. because more then half the time i win races that i shouldnt win, just based on the fact that i'm better driver or can dip in traffic. shit even more then that i win because im usually down to go faster then the other car.

Just cause i dont have a bunch of parts on my car dosent mean i cant beat down some higher dollar or higher horsepower cars then my tib. besides if u back down everytime somethin fast, that will challange you comes along what is the point in even tuning at all??
Old 07-13-2006, 06:47 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

One of the dumbest shows ever.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:44 AM
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (optimoprime @ Jul 13 2006, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>man i typiclally find that when people like that want to race, u should. because more then half the time i win races that i shouldnt win, just based on the fact that i'm better driver or can dip in traffic. shit even more then that i win because im usually down to go faster then the other car.

Just cause i dont have a bunch of parts on my car dosent mean i cant beat down some higher dollar or higher horsepower cars then my tib. besides if u back down everytime somethin fast, that will challange you comes along what is the point in even tuning at all??</div>

its a really dumb show.. and that ^^^ is one of the dumbest comments ever.. way to make tibs look like a bunch of street ricers..
Old 07-13-2006, 08:14 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^^+561564564231534564231534

doode racing in traffic is just plain retarded oh wow you can almost kill a family of 4 but you get to the offramp .05 seconds sooner than that other guy

You_Rock_Emoticon.gif
Old 07-13-2006, 09:52 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

LMFAO OMFG WTF HAHAH!!!!
^^@ David's new sig.

and yea, PINKS is a gay show. Would be cool to see a Hyundai on it though. Just for kicks. Who owns the twin engine, twin turboed RD currently?

mmm
Old 07-13-2006, 11:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^lol, good point, look under the hood, turbo'd tib, but no one knows about the extra engine out back!

I actually enjoy watching the show, but at the same time I'm thinking this is pretty dumb. I like watching top gear way more.