Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

My Day At Nuerburgring!

Old 10-16-2006, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i'm at nuerburgring , in germany, for my first time ever. the worlds most dangerous circuit track, period. i'm excited, my g/f bought me a 8 lap ticket last xmas and i'm finally gettin out there. the first lap was a blast, open track, great cornering, tires are stickin. my hp+ brakes and brembo rotors are handling fine, and the h&r springs are helping a great deal. no problems. 2nd lap though, at weppenheim turn, about 13 km into it, out of 21 km i'm being overtaken by one car and passing another car myself into the turn, when i hit it too hard mad.gif the back end slides out left (its a right hand turn) and i don't even remember how i reacted but i got it straightened a bit, braked some more and sure enough the car spun left and i overcorrected a bit and got it right some, but it pulled a 180 on the track. i was doin 80mph on the turn when i came in. then i try and turn it around and get it to a stop and we slide to the guardrail on the left side, outside of the curve and i see the car gettin ready to hit on the front left and skid so i pull the car to the right and get it to only bounce off the guardrail, right where the gas tank door is. the car did that and tried to go out onto the track into traffic so i pulled it back left and ended up facing the 8 o clock position about an inch from the guardrail in the front. the engine cut off and i just asked if my buddy was ok, he was and i was. rolled the window down and saw it was just a dent, apologized and said well f*&k it lets get back to racing! no problems the rest of the lap or the 3rd lap, sadly though i couldn't get any more laps in because the track closed again from accidents. all in all i did really well, pulled out of what should have been a bad wreck. i'm gonna be looking for some mor suspension mods, mainly springs and sway bars and strut bars along with stainless steel brake lines now. suggestion : if you are in germany, GET TO THIS TRACK, its beautiful and by far the best i've ever been on, not to mention the most challenging. vipers, porsches, tvr's lotus', ferraris' lambo's, everything is on the track including motorcycles while you are racing, a real road race. however, its extremely dangerous and i wouldn't suggest a new driver to try it, because people die there all the time, and worse, get seriously injured, not to mention losing your car. but i had a great time there and wanted the community to know that a tiburon from the states was on nuerburgring, semi-successfuly. i'll be goin back in a few weeks. i will try and post up some pics once i get em off my buddies computer.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

sucks about the damage but that sounds like a blast! glad to hear you had fun even though the tibby got a little bruised. and damn you! cuz closest ill probably ever get a tib to that track is gt4... lol
Old 10-16-2006, 03:17 AM

Yeah, but its just cosmetic damage, which i'll try and fix on my own at least. Yeah GT4, is how i "practised" before i went. i tell you its faster in the freakin game when you don't care about hitting the other cars or bikes lol. it was a dream of mine since i saw it when i was a teenager. just get a ticket to germany, and rentaracecar.com then have fun j/k
Old 10-16-2006, 04:43 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

You need to get a stickypod lined up for the next time you go. If it is after December I can mail you mine so you can film it.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:11 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

postpics.gif

cmon now! lets see these darn things! wink1.gif
Old 10-28-2006, 03:14 PM

i'll definitely be goin again, especially after december. and i have been to busy at work for pix yet. hopefully i can upload them tomorrow. my buddy who i have the program for my camcorder on his laptop, is my new roommate, we are movin our stuff around tomorrow, so i should be able to load itup tomorrow and post em here. i would like to go one more time before december, too cold after. and i'll be goin again a few times next year too! again, sorry no pix yet, work keeps me busy