Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Cars You've Beaten In Your Tib

Old 05-05-2005, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you have done to your car, Kiltman?

I'm actually impressed with the way my auto Tibby performs, as if the previous owner had broken it in really good (drove it really hard).wink1.gif

Me and a couple of my buddies might be going up to the track this summer. Do you think I have a chance against a '98 Accord EX V6 w/ short ram? How about an auto '98 VW Jetta 1.8T?

I talk to a 2K Tiburon owner who has intake/catback/headers and he said he took on a new 2006 Range Rover s/c V8. Impressive, I suppose. It has a good 400hp to play with, but then again almost 5,000 lbs to pull.tongue.gif
Old 05-05-2005, 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I beat these:
Civic (LX, HX, DX, etc...SOHC)
Civic SI
A few eclipses
Prelude (3 out of 50+ races tongue.gif)
A few Accords
NA Supras
NA RX-7
TT 300ZX (should have owned me, but the kid must have just gotten his liscence....missed about...every gear..haha)
And more...

I got beat by:
CRX
S2000
RSX
Civic SI
A few Turbo Civics
Integra GSR
Integra GS (turbo)
Prelude (owned me)
Eclipse
402 HP Corvette (this thing was awsome, in about .5 seconds it was 20 cars up,lol)
'91 Turbo Supra (again, ownage like the vette)
And more...

Its really hard to think of each car ive beaten/lost to
Old 05-06-2005, 01:56 PM

next instance i hear of someone street racing im locking this
Old 05-06-2005, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Cars stomped on by Patreezy in the last 24hrs:

a Yugo.

... ninja.gif
Old 05-06-2005, 04:33 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2kShark @ May 6 2005, 03:11 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>What do you have done to your car, Kiltman?

I'm actually impressed with the way my auto Tibby performs, as if the previous owner had broken it in really good (drove it really hard).wink1.gif

Me and a couple of my buddies might be going up to the track this summer. Do you think I have a chance against a '98 Accord EX V6 w/ short ram? How about an auto '98 VW Jetta 1.8T?

I talk to a 2K Tiburon owner who has intake/catback/headers and he said he took on a new 2006 Range Rover s/c V8. Impressive, I suppose. It has a good 400hp to play with, but then again almost 5,000 lbs to pull.tongue.gif
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

all i have done is a CAI. if you had a manual i know you would beat them both but seance you have an auto it might be close.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:47 PM

Ive beat several eclipses, civics, integras, cavs etc at the track in the tib b4 it was boosted. Ive also been beat by some nice swapped civics and more modified tegs, and a badass n/a neon running in the 14s one time...lots of other cars too...u win some u lose some but its so fun to go to the track everyweekend lol laugh.gif
Old 05-12-2005, 06:03 PM

I think I need to mod my car a little more before I head to the track, so at least I have a SLIGHT feeling of confidence. I'm not going there with an automatic almost-stock Tiburon, even though the CAI makes my car sound quite badass (I've been told), not to toot my own horn. Hopefully with intake/headers/exhaust, or just intake/exhaust (and tint, so no one will witness my expressions after losing miserably);P I will be able to beat some cars.

I hate people who streetrace...also because it isn't really fair. With just a little head start, or gaining some needed speed from behind you could easily take on boosted cars, or cars with double the horsepower. Come on, let's face it: there are people who toy around with eachother all the time on the road. I see it everyday. Who hasn't zoomed by Corvette C6 or something similar and proclaimed a victory? *wink*
Old 05-12-2005, 10:03 PM

All off topic stuff were moved here:

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=8016

This thread is only for posting cars that you've beaten at the track or closed race course with your tib.

A few off topic comments were simply deleted because they didn't belong anywhere.

No warnings were issued, but please stay on topic guys smile.gif

OP
Old 05-15-2005, 07:22 PM

I have a question about the '04 Accent someone mentioned. Aren't Accents quite slow? Aren't they VERY slow in automatics? I heard the zero-to-sixty time is over 10 seconds stock, and a quarter mile time in the 18's.=X
Old 05-15-2005, 08:09 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2kShark @ May 16 2005, 01:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a question about the '04 Accent someone mentioned. Aren't Accents quite slow? Aren't they VERY slow in automatics? I heard the zero-to-sixty time is over 10 seconds stock, and a quarter mile time in the 18's.=X
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

lol, im not sure if it would be on this page but here's the link www.ssmoparmuscle.com/speedcomp.htm if its not there then sorry. i cant help