Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Auto Vs Manual

Old 06-18-2005, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

You guys really think that the power switch makes a big difference?
I can honestly say I don't feel any difference at all driving with it on normal or power.
Only reason I even put it on power at all is because I've READ that it DOES make a difference.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:16 AM

I haven't had the pleasure of having such a button. When I want power, I gun it as I watch the needle spin across the speedo.. need I say more? Something I wish our cars had was an economy mode, and a sport mode for a much sharper throttle response. biggrin.gif

Can't wait to feel the difference with those 4-2-1 headers! It's ideal for an automatic, plus it has great benefits in shifting. Headers will probably be a big step forward. Some people say you need exhaust to really make headers perform, but I believe it is quite the opposite seeing that exhaust is useless without exhaust headers.

I'm taking a road that no one takes with my auto tranny. And instead of swapping to a manual I'll probably get the auto torque converter.. hopefully I'll be able to show up a lot of you with 5-speeds to show you just how convenient and automatic can get rolleyes.gif
Old 06-19-2005, 11:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2kShark @ Jun 18 2005, 05:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can't find the 2.0l engine on that site.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
http://www.supertech.riki.ca/index.html
and after go on "nos conceptions"
that it

*edited by mod - Double Post wave.gif *
Old 06-19-2005, 01:38 PM

Wow. a 2.0l 4 cyl 200hp engine... that'd have me running high 14's easily.=)

It's tempting, but nobody can just pull 7 grand out of their ass.

Maybe after my motor blows I'll consider it

**EDIT**

Just a thought, let's take a look at this. This goes back to the sub discussion about how it's not WORTH modding an auto, but I believe this isn't true because it's only because 5-speeds have the initial advantage.

Otherwise, I think modding an auto can give you quite some power, compared to stock. Hell, it may not give you those beautiful track times, but it'll give you that power you want. Stock 1/4 for the Tib can sour from a peppy mid 17, to a yawn-inducing mid 18.

With just I/H/E on a manual you will be getting times in the low 15's, and it's been proven. That's like a full second drop in the quarter mile. However with automatics, we can be in mid 16's. That's nearly 2 seconds off a stock auto track time, and those mid 18's are ACTUAL times!

It's quite interesting if you ask me. OP, your auto XD was in the high 17s, and you dropped its time to a mid 16. With your manual RD, you dropped your time from perhaps a flat 16 in the quarter, to a low 15. The time you cut off with those SAME power mods was MORE for your auto, than it was for your manual.

Something just isn't clicking here, do you see it?