Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

anti street racing

Old 03-27-2005, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default anti street racing

well i did somethin that i havent done in years
i went down montgomery lookin for a race
and i realized somethin
street racing is pointless really at least at the track when your waitin in line you can talk to other racers about the race you just ran or whatever
plus you have somethin to look forward to AFTER the race..............your slips you have some knowledge on what you need to work on
reaction
60 foot
whatever

and really i realized that when your at the track you focus differently than when your on the street you dont have to worry about cops being around you can pay more attention to what your doing and you really dont have to worry about alice merging into your lane with her 2 kids and fluffy the pet chihuahua

so you guys who street race i hope one day you realize that street racing gives you no actual pride....just a temp thrill against someone you will never meet again big woop
Old 03-27-2005, 01:00 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (faithofadragon)</div><div class='quotemain'>....just a temp thrill</div>

It gives a temp thrill? SWEET!!!! I am so there! tongue.gif:
Old 03-27-2005, 08:01 AM

well said!!.......

but sometimes when you really have to race with another car that wants to race and there is space, I say WHY NOT?... and I race. maybe bad decision but i really like it sometimes....
Old 03-27-2005, 08:04 AM

People youll never meet again? I see the same people @ the races week after week laugh.gif (Well, when I used to go)
Old 03-27-2005, 08:18 AM

Yeah after i got caught for street racing last time, i don't do it anymore. It's way too much of a risk for a cheap thrill. So is the local Massage parlour but atleast it's cheaper in the worst case senario.spankme.gif
Old 03-27-2005, 12:17 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I never really post about this stuff. I think that its really really hard out here in LA to not just say F-it and try to pull away on someone, because they are constantly trying to race.

I dont know about mildly modded cars, but it seems that every bastard in LA wants to race me.

I've had one race. Really, just one. A jetta, and I won twice. But that is the honest to God only times I've sat at a light, exchanged words with someone and bolted off against em.

I think it was pointless, though very temporarily exciting. But afterwords, it was over, unless I went to brag about it. I'm not much of a bragger, so its a pretty fruitless win if you ask me.

What i do know is that I'm driving up the street, w/ my girl sitting passenger. We are on our way to visit my parents at their house. Some little fag in a early 90's Integra and his buddy are right in front of us on a little stretch of road. This guy was driving super slow, and then, granted it was a one lane road we were on, he goes all the way to the right hand side so he can line up with me. I was alraedy annoyed with the kid, and knew I could blow past him, but thats what he wanted right? And what if some kid ran across the street just when he decided to see if he could keep up next to me.

So I didn't do anything, just stopped short and waited for him to go. So he pull away super slowly, looking back at my frustrated face in his rear view mirror. And starts to flash me with his hazards laughing with his buddy. Now I'm not too angry of a person, but I carry myself a bit more aggressive off the internet. I really just wanted to pull that b**** from his car and put his head through a window on that sh!tty little Teg. But he did all he could to get me to race, when I didn't want to, and I just took the first way out of it I could, and made a turn before my parents house just to get their attention off of me.

Now if anyone actually read all that, is that fair that I have to have that SH1T rubbed in my face or what. Cause I know had a cop seen me pull past him, I would of lost my car again, and no little integra race is worth that. That kid maybe had 2000 bux invested in that thing including the price of the car, I'm looking at about 15 times that much on my side. Who had something to gain from street racing, I know it wasn't me.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:35 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

well said blacktibs...

i don't race my car. i just show off sometimes. i may rev my engine some and then take off but not much past tht eactual speed limit. i will slow down after the first few seconds because by that time you have already proven yourself.

i look at who i'm trying to show off for. i have rules for these kinds of things. if it's a hot chick in a hot car, okay! when i first got my car, i pulled up to a light and what do you know, the car next to me is a black tiburon just like mine!the girl driving it was super hot! she took off and i did so after her. of course i didn't think she would go for it but she floored that babe. of course, i had to turn anyways, so i slowed down and forgot about the whole thing...

it's not worth ruining your car just for a second of pride... all the hard work and money put into it just to show some stupid ppl your car can accelerate. better at the track so you can almost dyno the results and show some cool people how underestimated hyundais are.

anyways... when i'm on the freeway and some honda prlck wants to race, chances are he's coming back from school and wants some action because he's been sitting on his @$$ all day long, i'm not going to give it to him.

there have been many deaths here in Maryland from people street racing. i knew a guy who became retarded after spinning out into a tree at 120mph... other stories i've experienced like roads being blocked off because two cars (golf vs. civic) were racing and one car decided to go onto oncoming traffic to try and pass him--smashed right onto oncoming car and killed himself as well as the oncoming driver. instead of stopping or calling an ambulance, the civic driver just drove off!!!!!! later i found out i was driving on that road minutes before the race. so is it really worth risking your life, other's lives, your car??
Old 03-27-2005, 01:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'll admit it, I race all the time, especially when there is money involved. But we always take extra precaution to find 3 lane stretches of road, empty, with no houses. Put lookouts on both ends, etc.

I never race in town or anywhere where there is a fairly decent possibility I might hit a lady, get ticketed, or have some bozo turn into my lane.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:36 PM

Street racing is stupid and can be dangerous, but we all do it.
I don't race on the street a lot because there is never a car to race, or when there is we are always stuck in traffic. That's why I go to the track as much as I can to let the anger out smile.gif
Old 03-27-2005, 01:41 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Since this is an anti-street racing thread I will rant on street racing

I'll admit I used to every weekend with JUST my friends out on local streets at 2:30am. That was BEFORE fast and the furious. Now every damn kid in his mom's sister's neighbor's borrowed Cavalier/whatever is out on fri/sat nights as early as 9pm till 5am just cruising. There are literally over 200 cars every night at the gas station and they ALL drive to the same damn spot. THAT'S when I stopped going. Seriously...how much more obvious can you get. It's like your asking cops to just pick you out of the line and pull you over. Nowadays, there's spike strips every night, sometimes helicopters, almost 1 cop for every 2 cars out there, and even drug-sniffing dogs.

Reasons I don't street race anymore:

1.) Fast and the Furious 1 and 2

2.) The drivers out at night are usually 15 y/o's stealing their parents cars, or 30 y/o's with no life. And all of them don't know how to drive in a group down the freeway (too many show-off's cause deadly accidents)

3.) usually there's so many cops, racing is impossible unless we all drive 200 miles out of the county to the mountains.... eyeroll.gif Every night 200 cars go to a spot, we sit there cuz everyone's too pussy to race (oh..they came to "watch"), then a cop comes, everyone dashes to their cars like a scene in too fast to furious, then drive to another spot, etc. repeated 16x till 5am!

4.) my car, the risk. Not worth an accident, tickets, impounded, jail, etc.

If I really want to race a friend and can't afford the track we'll call eachother up on a Turesday night and decide to meet at some odd-ball location. We'll drive NORMALLY to some straightaway and race. Just us two, no spectators, no auidence, no attention. Fvck braggin rights.