Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

1/4 mile run

Old 10-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe

faithofadragon let's make it clear my man, don't try to tell me what I can do and what I can't !!! If my 60' times are one of the worst your reputation is THE WORST and not only on this site I can use what I want. At least I'm not that stupid to drive 250 miles just for some lower elevation sh*t :biggrin:

People with porsches and other super cars are using it, why not having fun with it

I know it's not 100% correct, but still a lot of people are using it with great success. I can tell you that I've tested 3 of my friends cars right after dyno pulls and the results were f*cking close. I was playing a lot with this app and it's very important to mount it very good ! If you're going to test HP it's best to start a bit slow and smash it on 2nd gear. For 1/4 mile I found out it's best to set the trigger - 0.20G ( that's the highest possible ). The problem is that if it's set lower than that it will start even from some little movement and it will mess ur 60'.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I know plenty of Porsche drivers that think slamming shots on a Friday night and zipping around our perimeter highway at 100+ is smart too.....

It's an app, not a dyno, let alone a track. No reason to get pissy about someone on a forum. (in his own way) he's trying to help you.

It's best to give a mod list, temp, conditions, and if you're using an app, level set that at the beginning. Lets get a mod list, fuel used and general maintenance done prior to start this back on the right path.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:15 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Originally Posted by blitz
faithofadragon let's make it clear my man, don't try to tell me what I can do and what I can't !!! If my 60' times are one of the worst your reputation is THE WORST and not only on this site I can use what I want. At least I'm not that stupid to drive 250 miles just for some lower elevation sh*t

At least I'm not stupid enough to gauge how fast my car is based on a cell phone, then come asking for aid from a forum on how to improve my speed.

wanna know what elevation can cost you? i ran a 15.9 in Albuquerque and a 15.1 in Roswell and that was with NA mods

what did you run?

oh and rep = srs business says the guy with a total of FOUR THREE
Old 10-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Banned

Tibbi I know it's far from a dyno or track, but if set up right it will give some close to the real results. One happy day I'll use it on track and see what's the difference. Here you have to know it's not US ! We have two shitty tracks, the first one is uphill and the second one is downhill!!! No need to mention that this means close to a sec difference ! That's why I'm not that keen on going

Mods: cai, exhaust, 1.8 cam, ppim, port and polish cylinder head, 6 puck ceramic clutch, NX wet kit, GST fuel pump, Apexi Neo( still no proper tune and running pig rich )

Info: the car was burning coolant and oil like crazy so the engine has been repaired. Now running with 5W40 Total oil and no more burning Cold plugs for the nitrous NGK bkr7e. Toyo R1R 195/50/15 . N/A setup using regular fuel and premium for the nitrous. Temp is around 50-60F . Elevation is from 50 to 150 meters .

The app trigger is set to 0.20G

Hope that brings us on the right path
Old 10-29-2012, 06:52 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
At least I'm not stupid enough to gauge how fast my car is based on a cell phone, then come asking for aid from a forum on how to improve my speed.

wanna know what elevation can cost you? i ran a 15.9 in Albuquerque and a 15.1 in Roswell and that was with NA mods

what did you run?

oh and rep = srs business says the guy with a total of FOUR THREE

Neg rep for this post.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

Blitz it may not be accurate to a true dragstrip run however as long as its consistent each time it can still be helpful as far as tuning mods go. You can see if something you tried help or hindered your performance.

PS. A good rule if thumb is every tenth in your 60'ft is equal to 2 tenths in the quarter. Also see if running slightly lower air in your tires helps. I used to run bfg drag radials at 15psi to hook up at the track. But difference there is traction additives sprayed on the track for better hook up. Anyhow good luck.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Banned

koreancorvette01 thanx for the cool replay

The weather here is really f*cked up right now...rain,rain and more rain !!! There is a new version of dynolicious, but because of the weather I wasn't able to test it.

Congrats for your tib, that thing is FAST
Old 10-29-2012, 05:34 PM

Thanks lots of trial and error to get her there.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Banned

How many hp with this setup ? Low 12s with fwd is perfect if you ask me
Old 10-30-2012, 05:01 PM

Never actually dynoed it ,specs below

car weight= 2885

me 215 = 3100 total

3100lb

12.27 ET

trap 111.26

Enter above info here for HP- click me *

this is one of many calculators and only a real dyno run will be truly accurate. Your Iphone app uses the same math as calculator above. Here is the run below.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVuRFrTKP8Q[/media]