Other North American Areas If you don't fit into the other North America regions above, post in here. If we get enough interest, we'll add more forums.
View Poll Results: Would You Attend?
Yes
44.44%
No
22.22%
Maybe
27.78%
Too Soon to Tell
5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

2012 North American Hyundai Meet!

Old 12-13-2011, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally Posted by Turboron_99
f*ck you, Cant even have a little section set aside for other Hyundai owners? This is something i would have came to for sure. Yet, I guess owning a Tib I am not invited! This totally supports the fact that yall GC owners are a**holes!

Thanks Guys/Gals
Yes as a matter of fact we are, thank you.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:13 PM

No I do think Tyson is right. I myself am quite the elitist @sshole, and find talking to other Hyundai owners, specifically Tiburon drivers is beyond what I should be required to do.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

]

dude, don't be a jackass. You know that's not the case. Don't start a model war.

It's been brought up and being discussed. There are several people coming together to make this happen and we're discussing options. The reason for getting this organized for a specific model was to focus on making it effective for vendors. We're looking into having a tuning event and several GC specific vendors coming out.

2. So what your telling me every vendor you have there is only making parts for GC and GC only? I am pretty sure dude as a Hyundai Owners we understand that the aftermarket selection is minimal. i accept it for what it is!

Many of us (if not all) that are organizing this event have never come close to something of this magnitude. We aren't looking for a NOPI or HIN sized event, but we're trying to make it as big as possible while keeping it organized.

If we include all Hyundais, people are going to be upset that vendors aren't available for their model, or that they're being "shunned" or aren't worth other vendors time. We don't want to have vendors sponsor this event and spend thousands of dollars only to show up and have no models represented.

3. Reread #2 you as a x tib owner knows we dont expect alot for avalibility of aftermarket parts.

Also, we decided to have it as centrally organized as possible. We have a GROUP of people from Miami willing to make the 30 hour drive for this. We have TONS of people coming down from Canada to participate. We have people on Facebook already working together to set up caravans.

4. All of this "Organization" and not a thought about a other Hyundai's?

If we did something in Texas, we'd get Texas and Cali people - nobody from Canada or the Northeast. If we did something in Florida, same thing, west coast wouldn't come. A 10-14 hour road trip with a group of cars sounds reasonable. An overnight stop somewhere might even be necessary for northeast and Florida owners.

5. Here in Washington like a 2 hour drive from the boarder we have amazing meets like the yearly "Team X-Culture" cruise, we invite everyone. Had GC come up from Cali, and still no Canada guys. Just saying.

This isn't because one model thinks they're elite over another model. Many of us organizing the event had previous Hyundai models and have roots in this community.

6. So why is this "GC" Exclusive. I dont think "ROOTS" in the community should be counted if they only go back to when the GC came out. That doesnt make much sense to me. If you owned previous models why not think of them to?

I appreciate the feedback, ideas, and opinions, but please don't make this into the Genesis community feeling elite to other models. That's just being a douche.

7. I am not normally a "douche" but i know alot of people here that would love to come to a well organzied event wheither there are Vendors there for them or not. Really i am sticking up for the Fellow NON GC model owners. I am not attempting to be rude or disrecptful towards anyone.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Lol. *INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS!*
Old 12-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I don't think you're sticking up for sh*t, I think you're just being a total dick.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:13 AM

As a pretentious Genesis Coupe owner, and knowing full well that I am WAYYYY better than you because of it. If you don't like it don't come to the event as we will only allow Genesis Coupes on the track for track day as well. Unless your name is Floyd, then you get a pass.

We are only really entertaining the idea of inviting other Hyundai owners because someone has to bring us beer, clean up the garbage, and generally be our b*tches when we are there.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by majik
I don't think you're sticking up for sh*t, I think you're just being a total dick.

Dont know what to tell you man?
Old 12-14-2011, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by HellBilly
As a pretentious Genesis Coupe owner, and knowing full well that I am WAYYYY better than you because of it. If you don't like it don't come to the event as we will only allow Genesis Coupes on the track for track day as well. Unless your name is Floyd, then you get a pass.

We are only really entertaining the idea of inviting other Hyundai owners because someone has to bring us beer, clean up the garbage, and generally be our b*tches when we are there.

LMFAO, Yea i would keep all the Competion off the track to, LOL I would be really pissed off if a FWD 13year old car just smashed my brand new GC on a Track!

About the Beer and Garbage statement, That is why i have a Wife!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:37 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

You know, sometimes it's fun to have an exclusive event.

It'd be like a guy getting pissed he couldn't go to an all-lesbian-hooker party.

Understandable, but if you don't fit the criteria, there's not much to say.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:38 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 6Spd

im so down, i might be a day or 2 late, ill be in vegas that weekend for EDC.