Other North American Areas If you don't fit into the other North America regions above, post in here. If we get enough interest, we'll add more forums.
View Poll Results: Would You Attend?
Yes
44.44%
No
22.22%
Maybe
27.78%
Too Soon to Tell
5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

2012 North American Hyundai Meet!

Old 12-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T

I'm workin' on getting there, for sure. Work/Vacation time to be determined, but right now, it's on the books.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:12 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

f*ck you, Cant even have a little section set aside for other Hyundai owners? This is something i would have came to for sure. Yet, I guess owning a Tib I am not invited! This totally supports the fact that yall GC owners are a**holes!

Thanks Guys/Gals
Old 12-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

You sold your Genesis. Deal with it.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:18 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

Originally Posted by Turboron_99
f*ck you, Cant even have a little section set aside for other Hyundai owners? This is something i would have came to for sure. Yet, I guess owning a Tib I am not invited! This totally supports the fact that yall GC owners are a**holes!

Thanks Guys/Gals

Agreed! I would be down but I'm not cool enough either.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

For the non-GC owners (and another event that GC owners can attend) I am considering making an attempt at organizing something similar for all Hyundais. I would like to see how this event works out before getting started though, so it would be summer 2013.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:11 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

I see there's a track, but why hold a meet in the middle-of-freaking no where? I'd rather drive twice the distance if it was somewhere I'd want to go by it's self. People (me lol) will get bored of walking around looking at cars within a couple hours I think. Am not willing to drive to Nebraska (no offense meant to anyone living there).

Also, I'd support having a small sub-section for "All other Hyundai models".
Old 12-13-2011, 04:48 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Originally Posted by Brandon
Also, I'd support having a small sub-section for "All other Hyundai models".

I like you Brandon, Maybe NOT ALL of you are as f*cked up as i thought!!! Thanks for supporting "Hyundai" and not just "GC". I swear sometimes the GC cats man, yall think that your "GC" is like the only breed of Hyundai, everyone else is less superior. LMFAO
Old 12-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Administrator

I swear sometimes the GC cats man, yall think that your "GC" is like the only breed of Hyundai, everyone else is less superior. LMFAO
dude, don't be a jackass. You know that's not the case. Don't start a model war.

It's been brought up and being discussed. There are several people coming together to make this happen and we're discussing options. The reason for getting this organized for a specific model was to focus on making it effective for vendors. We're looking into having a tuning event and several GC specific vendors coming out.

Many of us (if not all) that are organizing this event have never come close to something of this magnitude. We aren't looking for a NOPI or HIN sized event, but we're trying to make it as big as possible while keeping it organized.

If we include all Hyundais, people are going to be upset that vendors aren't available for their model, or that they're being "shunned" or aren't worth other vendors time. We don't want to have vendors sponsor this event and spend thousands of dollars only to show up and have no models represented.

Also, we decided to have it as centrally organized as possible. We have a GROUP of people from Miami willing to make the 30 hour drive for this. We have TONS of people coming down from Canada to participate. We have people on Facebook already working together to set up caravans.

If we did something in Texas, we'd get Texas and Cali people - nobody from Canada or the Northeast. If we did something in Florida, same thing, west coast wouldn't come. A 10-14 hour road trip with a group of cars sounds reasonable. An overnight stop somewhere might even be necessary for northeast and Florida owners.

This isn't because one model thinks they're elite over another model. Many of us organizing the event had previous Hyundai models and have roots in this community.

I appreciate the feedback, ideas, and opinions, but please don't make this into the Genesis community feeling elite to other models. That's just being a douche.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I like you Brandon, Maybe NOT ALL of you are as f*cked up as i thought!!! Thanks for supporting "Hyundai" and not just "GC". I swear sometimes the GC cats man, yall think that your "GC" is like the only breed of Hyundai, everyone else is less superior. LMFAO
Tyson, come down to a group meet with the (current) local GC guys. They're great and have no problem including us. That has been the case with most of the GC enthusiasts I've met.

I'm sure if anyone showed up in another Hyundai, or rental Focus, or on a scooter they wouldn't be shunned. It's just not a meet centered on other models. I am serious about having a Hyundai meet the following year that'll include all models. Next time I see you we can talk about it.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Administrator

yes, and a few of those Washington guys are the major players in organizing this meet.