Other Hyundai Models Forum All Hyundai Forum. Discuss all other Hyundai models here that not listed anywhere else, such as the Hyundai Pony and Hyundai Scoupe!

S-AFC or Performance Chip on Scoupe LS

Old 07-05-2002, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S-AFC or Performance Chip on Scoupe LS

Hey all... lookin into a few things... first off .. i want more power (dont we all) ..and my little 92 hp scoupe ..just isnt cutting it for much ... gonna attempt a Random Cold Air Intake.. customized for a scoupe smile.gif ...but i am also thinking about getting an Apexi S-AFC or a Performance Chip..for my existing ECU ..which would suffice more??? the Performance chip claims about 8 whp... and so many lbs of torque..cant remember quite off hand... now i dont know to believe it or not as i have not come across anything about them?? on the other hand.. a S-AFC allows me to control everything about the fuel hitting my engine..(well practically) ... can that in turn give me more horse's too?? .. which leads to my 2nd question ...... i have a 95 SCOUPE 1.5 Naturally Aspirated... the Performance Chips is Plug and Play... how hard would it be to Wire the S-AFC to my Computer... any wiring diagrams/info is appreciated..as i'd like to see atleast how complicated this would be before i go spendin 300 bucks on 1..

Thanks in advance
Old 07-06-2002, 02:32 AM

I would go with the S-AFC, its proven on many cars, priced very well, and it has a cool little blue light up screen
Old 07-06-2002, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I don't know of ANY chips/ECU's for the scoupe's, so I don't even know if you have any options there.

You'll get more HP per $$ by sticking with the *simple* mods first, then going with the ECU trickery/replacement to *tune* the *simple* mods you've installed.

What mods do you have now, if any? Let's start there before you go dropping $300 for an ECU/S-AFC
Old 07-07-2002, 04:42 AM

.. lol mods... engine wise...really nothing special..i tried a Cold air intake before....didnt help ..so i ditched it...i sort of think it didnt help because the factory air box is already made to be cold air intake... surprised me its feed comes from in front of the battery right behind the front bumper...that and sicne the throttle body is so tiny ...i probably just didnt notice any gains that i did get..if i did get....so lets just say my engine is pretty well stock besides NGK V-power plugs and ngk wires... i was afraid you'd say that about my lil ol scoupe but i did find a chip believe it or not.. i'm at work right now so i dont have the spec on hand..when i get home i'll post the site... it was an aussie based company so it might not even work on my poor lil Scoupe as advertised...anyways random ..or anybody ..soem quick suggestions for some easy power for my scoupe w/o killing my wallet??

Thanks