Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

You Know You Love Your Car When..

Old 05-01-2005, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Kinda long\/

Ok so i did something funny today, i pulled into my parking lot at my dorm and there was a spot, YES, that lot is so hard to get into and i should have been lucky to get a spot. but as i pulled in i had a change of heart. This weekend was the biggest drinking weekend on campus and the car on my left was very crooked in a no parking spot with a ticket and the car on my right was also crooked with some big dents in his car. they prolly both came home plastered. Paranoid me im thinking that they proly wouldnt respect somebody elses car if they dont respect their own, or thier lives for that matter, so i pulled out of that spot and went to find another. In my extreme luck i did get a spot but it was just luck.

That made me laugh and think, when we love and care for our cars we do some funny things that people who dont really love thier cars do. i thought it would be nice to share some stupid/funny things we constantly find our selves doing cuz we love our babies...
Old 05-01-2005, 10:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'll always park next to someone I know or wait at my car and make sure no one hits their door on my car at school
Old 05-01-2005, 10:48 AM

yeah, i always make sure i park to someone i know or at the back of a parking lot. but what makes me really mad is when people park in like 2 spaces at the front of the parking lot. i saw a nice car get keyed because he took up 2 spaces trying to keep people from hitting his car.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:58 AM

I always look for a parking space that's next to a curve so that I will only have to worry about one car possibly dooring me. My wife get's pissed cause I'll listerally take up to 20 minutes looking for a parking spot I like. I also avoid parking next to car that have dents, SUV's, large trucks and cars with long doors to lessen my chances of getting dinged.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:02 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i circle my car every time i get in it to make sure nothing has happened to her since the last time i left her...
Old 05-01-2005, 11:28 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I also try to do that everytime.

And I hate when somebody hits my door (thanx to large Tibby's doors) :angry:
Old 05-01-2005, 11:29 AM

QUOTE (Kit-Fox @ May 1 2005, 12:23 PM)
HAH, i thought i was the only retard who does that...

No you're just a retard tongue.gif lol.gif

I used to park far away from the entrance of the mall or where ever all the time.
But I've got far too many door dinges now, :angry: so it don't matter anymore.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:15 PM

I circle my too when I see somebody parks too close to me. No one has dinged my car in years, but if I find someone who does, I'm sure you've heard of the saying, "an eye for an eye.." wink1.gif
Old 05-01-2005, 01:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'll park next to those big trucks as long as they are nice, in my area of town they love their trucks
Old 05-01-2005, 01:48 PM

i do the same thing, if i am going somewhere and there is a spot up front with hardly any room, ill go to a different spot..i love my car and no one and i mean NO ONE is going to put a scratch on her...for being 4 yrs old and not having a single dent or scratch..ithink ill keep up the good work...my tiburon is spoiledl ol