Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Who Said You Cant Have Fun In Fwd?

Old 01-02-2007, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the bad quality but it looked not very dark until we actually recorded the video and noticed you can barely see anything..But yeah..whoever said u cant have fun in FWD is wrong..you can! and its actually quicker than with RWD.. wink1.gif

FWD Video lmao.gif
Old 01-02-2007, 08:22 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

dude, i love that shit. it's so much fun to play in snow in a FWD car. You should try to improve your E-Brake turning skills at the same time. It's cool when you have NO traction. It makes you realize what you can do when you do have traction.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:39 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

everytime it rains i try to loose traction so i know what to do if i really loose control sometime. figure i'll get practice in anytime its avalible
Old 01-02-2007, 04:28 PM

hehe, well it wasnt raining here today, so the road was dry..and im in Sydney, so i wish we had snow around here laugh.gif laugh.gif This was done on dry road and you cant actually see how much my car was spinning it was like RWD doughnut..and my handbrake was on all the time tongue.gif
Old 01-02-2007, 06:20 PM

A rally trick you can do in the snow that you cannot do in a RWD car.. ride the brakes. Not hard, and you have to add my throttle to keep the fronts from locking and stalling the car.. but it locks the rears, and if you get good at it, you can use your left foot to feather the brakes just enough to induce a slide as you turn and then get off them, the car will slowly straighten out and you can go on your merry way.

It is a lot like a handbrake turn, but with more control and finese
Old 01-02-2007, 09:55 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ damn that... use the hand brake.. you can do the exact same thing if you feather the handbrake man, it's just WAY easier on the driver, the brakes and the powertrain. Why add power to take it away at the front wheels when you can get the exact same result by locking or feathering the rears?

that sounds like an automatic first time on the snow trick to me.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:08 AM

nope, bonafide rally trick. Using the brakes may be harder on your brakes, but it offers more control AND it allows you to bring the car to a quicker halt if you should screw up bigtime. It also lowers the chance you will back your car into something big, heavy, and immovable