Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What does the Wife drive?

Old 11-25-2013, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel
Maybe on an RD, or possibly a prius, but it's really a non-issue on the larger wagons that I mentioned earlier.
You don't have kids, you wouldn't understand. Can't possibly. Unless you reproduce ad nauseum you're a 2nd class citizen with far inferior intellect. Only the best and brightest have figured out how to fork a condom.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Originally Posted by Tibbi
I automatically assume all women with children do something besides homemaking, preferring to foist their responsibilities onto day-don't-care center workers as soon as possible. My logic is irrefutable!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:20 PM

It's an overwhelming reality in this country, most homes are double income. That said, why can't both parents work and find jobs with shifts and/or telecommute to allow sustainable dual income and successful in-home parenting? Granted, my retort wasn't specific to a working adult, but instead included a series of options given any number of scenarios.

work/shopping/leisurely activities
Yeah, that was the quote. In sentences like this "/" is read as "and/or." Widely accepted shorthand is amazing like that.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel
...or possibly a prius...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c
Old 11-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

why can't both parents work and find jobs with shifts and/or telecommute to allow sustainable dual income and successful in-home parenting?

This right here is the quintessential sentence to illustrate the mental disorders brought on by excessive duration of the single life. Shift work so you can never see each other, or do anything together, and end up divorced and then take shifts at parenting? Sounds like a plan to me! You couldn't have stated your total lack of empathy with parents and people in long-term committed relationships any better than with this suggestion.

Unless you are trolling, in which case well played indeed.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that was the climax of this thread so I'm out.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:15 PM

As funny as you seem to to find this, my wife's job allows her to work from home up to 3 days a week, and in my profession most gigs are remote anyway. If people are responsible and willing to work for it, many employers are willing to accept telework options. I know plenty of people that haven't set foot in their "office" in years, instead working from home to raise a family while maintaining a steady income with reputable employers. A good friend of mine for many years was a programmer for AT&T who worked from home 60 hours a week, but did so from his living room so that he could spend that time raising his daughter simultaneously. He often worked 7 days a week, but managed his time so that his family always came first. Only a fool is a slave to his career. Both my wife and I will be home more often than not so that we too can see our children are raised properly while maintaining our own professional careers.

Put another spit shine on those excuses, it's still just a mass of feces and slobber.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I'm just gonna go ahead and leave this right here: