Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Update On My Fight For Veterans Disability.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

ok as most of you know i have been going back and forth the the VA for awhile trying to get my disabilty from the government. well today i have been told i need to file a formal appeal, get an outside doctor to evaluate my arm to see that indeed it is limited in mobility, strength, usefullnes, and tha i have severe nerve damage in my shoulder, that isnt caused by carpul tunnel in my WRIST! so jsut for an evad i have to come up with 375 for a doctors visit and that is with a veteran discount. so now on top of having to do this, i have to wait to do the timing on my tib, the axle in my truck and i have to take a day off work which i really cant afford because i have an 8 per hour job at autozone.
the funny thing is,the va admit to my being in pain with my shoulder, and knee, but since my shoulder is attached to my wrist i can only get the 10% for pain in my wrist.
yes red i know nm has the best va facility. but as is for now im stuck in michigan and its shitty economy.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

that's horrible man - I'd find a way to request reimbursement for the VA not covering your outside doctor visits.

My wife has an EMG and NCS today, testing for nerve damage -- it's not fun having needles poked into your muscles (neck, arm, wrists, hand, etc.)

Good luck bro sad.gif
Old 01-09-2008, 04:11 PM

man trust me i kno. it suxs but most of em i cant feel anay way but they try saying my nerves are fine lol. but mabe this time it will be done by a real doctor lol
Old 01-09-2008, 04:35 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

This is one of a few reasons why canada is better. Good luck with everything.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:37 PM

yyea i hear ya. thks for the support guys
Old 01-09-2008, 11:21 PM

i keep tellin ya stud, move out to MINNESOTA!! everything's cheap, even the doctor visits wink1.gif