Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Transtar Racing Dagger Gt

Old 07-02-2010, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Checked the seriouswheels.com front page this morning looking for today's wallpaper and ran across this bad boy:
TranStar Racing Dagger GT
hail.gif

I will say this, those are some very ambitious goals. Likewise the only images on their site are CG so I remain skeptical. If they can pull it off no doubt it will be the fastest and most powerful (limited) production car on the planet, but making 2000hp/tq useful is going to be next to impossible. Some of the things I do like are the multiple interior and trim options and the standard 6-speed throw. Unlike the Veyron and Ultimate Aero which are either ultra-luxurious or striped down road-race respectively without compromise, the fact that you can basically customize the feel of the car 100% to your liking is very appealing. The styling is quite nice, it's aggressive in a unique way, actually looking like the 2000HP monster it claims to be. No one can really put it as well as N. Craig Miller himself: "Our goal is to produce a supercar that is unique, edgy and dazzling in appearance. Most enthusiasts have been disappointed by the Big 3 who roll out concept cars and never build them. Our intent is to produce one of the attractive concept cars that did not get built." Love it or not it's yet another milestone in motoring. I personally find it dazzling but I'll save my true praise until the first one rolls into an owners garage and achieves the 300mph marker. Until then it's a beautiful concept on the level of the new Vector.

For more info:
http://gtr-xs.com/
Old 07-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Traction control has come a VERY long way since the first generation. Stomp on the gas and the cars with good TC just take off like a shot, no wheelspin. Add in electronic stability and skid prevention equipment and what used to be useless power is now just REALLY fast.