Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Tampa Bay Area's Nick Hogan In Crash

Old 08-27-2007, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

well it's all over the news over here, and i noticed nobody posted about it-... so i will being as how i get the tampa paper. this is what i was able to read @ lunch.

CLEARWATER - The teenage son of Tampa Bay's most popular wrestler, Hulk Hogan, was injured after his yellow sports car careened out of control and struck a palm tree in the median of the four-lane highway on Court Street, police said.

Nick Bollea, known as Nick Hogan, 17, was driving with his friend, John J. Graziano, 22, of 1225 Curlew Road in Dunedin, toward downtown Clearwater when the wreck occurred, police said.

Bollea's condition is described as non-life-threatening, and Graziano is in critical condition, Clearwater police spokesman Wayne Shelor said. Both were taken by helicopter to Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg. The high-speed crash occurred at 8 p.m. Sunday, police said.

Bollea was driving his Toyota Supra eastbound on Court Street when they crashed. The car was destroyed on impact, police said. The Fire Department had to free the men. Hulk Hogan was at the scene.

Police said the wreck shut down traffic - eastbound and westbound - on Court Street, the primary traffic artery in the city. This is Bollea's second accident in as many years involving a sports car.

He was driving a yellow Lamborghini when it caught fire in Bay Harbor Islands in Miami in September, according to a Miami Herald published report. Bollea was driving the 2001 Lamborghini Diablo VT through a residential area, according to the Miami Herald report.

The car caught fire as he was driving and he was able to get out of the car before it burst into flames, the Herald reported last year.

Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, is popular for his reality show, "Hogan Knows Best" and is one of Tampa Bay's best-known celebrities. His children have gained notoriety because of the show.

Hogan had moved his family to Miami so his children could pursue acting and singing careers. His daughter, Brooke, has a music career, while Nick's passion is cars, according to a bio on the show's Web site.

On a recent show, Hogan's wife and his children want one of the biggest wrestling stars to undergo a makeover. They make fun of the way the Hulkster dresses. They tell him he has to dress better now that he's living in Miami.

Earlier this month, Bollea reported $100,000 in custom jewelry was missing from their Miami Beach home, according to news reports. He said a thief stole his diamonds. They recently moved back from Miami to their Belleair mansion.

Reporter Chris Echegaray can be reached at (813) 259-7920 or cechegaray@tampatrib.com.

more info here

it's been said before and it needs to be said again-... DRIVE SAFELY!!! that doesn't just mean "don't street race"!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yah me and selina noticed that, its right by where were moving in a few weeks.

Crazy, we were hoping to catch some glimpses of him driving it around when we moved down there, no luck now i suppose haha.

Oh well, hulk will buy him a new one and he'll wreck that too.

So much for being a professional race car driver, or maybe thats what led him to believe he was safe driving like that.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:30 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

if you're moving there soon, hit me up when you get setteled in, i'm not too far away. back on topic-...

when he crashed the viper twice on the track, no one got hurt. he's lucky he hit a palm tree instead of a pedestrian, or another car.