Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Religion can be sofa king retarded sometimes

Old 05-11-2012, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Religion can be sofa king retarded sometimes

I feel bad for the kids who are brainwashed with this crap. They play their hearts out all year, get to the championship only to be told to forfeit. It's just wrong.

Baseball final forfeited because of girl at second base

The Arizona Charter Athletic Association state championship baseball game wasn't played Thursday night because Mesa Prep's second baseman is a girl.

Paige Sultzbach, a freshman, is playing baseball because her high school doesn't offer girls softball. But the school Mesa Prep was to face in the final, Our Lady of Sorrows Academy, said its boys would not compete against a team with a girl and forfeited the game - and the state title - to Mesa Prep.

"As a Catholic school, we promote the ideal of forming and educating boys and girls separately during the adolescent years, especially in physical education,” Our Lady of Sorrows said in a statement, according to CNN affiliate KTVK.

“It takes tremendous moral courage to stand by what it is you believe, and they are doing what they think is right,” Mesa Prep Headmaster Robert Wagner told KTVK.

But Sultzbach's mother, Pamela Sultzbach, said her daughter and the Mesa Prep team were being done a disservice.

"This is not a contact sport. It shouldn't be an issue. It wasn't that they were afraid they were going to hurt or injure her, it's that (they believe) that a girl's place is not on a field," Pamela Sultzbach told the Arizona Republic.

"I respect their views, but it's a bit out of the 18th century," Amy Arnold, Mesa Prep's athletic director, told the Republic.

Mesa Prep and Our Lady of Sorrows played twice during the regular season, but Sultzbach sat out, as they were away games for her team.

“It was on their field, and I felt the need to respect their rules,” she told KTVK.

The final would have been on a neutral field, and Sultzbach wanted to play.

Now, despite being hailed as state champions, Mesa Prep will feel like they've missed something, Pamela Sultzbach said.

"This team has worked so hard," she said. "They're undefeated. They had one game left. At our school, we're taught that when you start something, you complete it, and they weren't done."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/11...ase/?hpt=hp_t2
Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Religion sucks.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Originally Posted by majik
Religion sucks.

Jimmy Carr nails religion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSc8-LGMdU
Old 05-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Religion doesn't suck, they're just afraid to play against a girl is all.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

You got me watching Jimmy Carr... my poor sides...