Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

They say the older you get, the smaller your group of friends get.....

Old 05-11-2012, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon
Default They say the older you get, the smaller your group of friends get.....

Is this true?

Maybe some of the older folk can chime in here?
Old 05-11-2012, 12:52 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 RSPEC

It's true in my case. But mostly because they have either moved away or got married and have better things to do than hang out with friends. Nowadays, I only hang out with on average 3-4 guys consistently. In school times (high and college), it was a group of close to 15-20 and that was about 20+ years ago. Maybe others have different experiences, this could just be me.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Lincoln Aviator

My only friends are here on the forums...lol

no i have a few but not many. depends on what you call "smaller group" If you mean people you see regularly, then yes it is pretty small
Old 05-11-2012, 10:02 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

My buddies and I hung out ALL THE TIME. It was a group of 4 couples (4 guy friends from high school + wives). My wife and I were the first couple to get pregnant 2 1/2 years ago. I have seen my friends MAYBE 6 or 8 times since my son was born. LOL. All but one of my buddies now have kids, nobody really see's each other anymore and we rarely speak. It's kinda sad, but life just kinda takes over.... work, home, family, etc. And to be honest, I don't really miss hanging out with the friends that much, I'm REALLY enjoying being a Dad.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

quite a few people I went to school with have passed on already I'm the oldest alive in my imidiate family, I'm 44 and having a double bypass next month..so...I always live like theres no tomorrow !, and et your circle of friendsknow you appreciate them every day.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I have like two friends that I definitely make sure I see regularly, other than that, it's my old buddies are really just acquaintences these days.

It's somewhat sad chatting to an old friend when you both know that neither party can really hang out/do anything in the foreseeable future.