Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rd1 Beats New Tibbyv6.....

Old 08-14-2007, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The RD1 beat the V6 in my heart.....one of them had to go....I no longer own a V6. An armed guard has been placed on the F2. smile.gif

The V6 never lived up to expectations performance wise. . . not including eating me out of house and home. The RD1 is the better vehicle for fun in my opinion......and having owned both I had plenty of opportunity to compare.

Okay the V6 was newer, and the motor sounds nice....but so does my RD1....which is much more curvaceous. . . and lighter.

RD1 = 1
V6 = 0

My own personal opinion (the one I trust most smile.gif ).....from experience. It was nice.... but I don't regret letting it go.

Haven't been around for a while as I have been busy with this.....
http://www.soundclick.com/geesmith

Clicking the songs gives me better ratings for radio plays....currently on FatCat OnDemand Radio....which would be appreciated but no obligation implied. smile.gif
Old 08-14-2007, 06:37 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Wow! your some talented! ,I'm listening to "i like my life" (kinda bluesy) cool tune!!, I'll check em all out,but a lil to funky for me.lol
[/quote]
So you can play just about any instrument?! Hope you get signed, good luck! fing02.gif ..So was the Gk a standard or auto?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:53 AM

The GK was an auto...and having a nice long incline to accelerate up, near my home, proved that the 2.0 RD could narrowly beat the GK. On the flat it would do even better (same driver). The GK was a very nice tourer, but the RD is more fun...kind of frisky in comparison. I got to choose which one I kept....I did have to think with the GK being 5 years younger and only 19,000 on the clock.....but the blue one won. smile.gif

Thanks for your comments on the tunes...much appreciated. I do that as a hobby.....used to do it for a living...now drive a desk. ( I do keep a Telecaster under the desk cool.gif ) I'll sit back and see if the hobby expands......it will still be my hobby whatever.
That's a good site for all styles of music and free downloads.....

Here's a link to a fairly long instrumental that my buddy likes to hear while he's working online. I put a lo-fi link so it should play okay regardless of what connection you have. It plays in your default player. Hope you enjoy ~(don't expect to be everyone's taste)He loves the ending..
http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamm3u.m...634683&q=lo
Old 08-14-2007, 12:42 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I take it you're doing just a comparison hehe. racing stories are prohibited on rdtiburon but i'll take this as a comparison between the feeling of driving both.

i'll have to say i completely agree with you!! new tiburon is really neat, sturdy, and well constructed but i'll take the perfection of the first gen tiburon over it any day. hell, my f2 bumper comes from england so you should know you're not alone.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LoL when i saw the title of this i was thinking "gotta close a street racing thread" then i read it and i was like, "oh nevermind" lmao

good choice.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:43 AM

@ HyundaiKitCoupe.... is yours an F2 bumper or F2 Evo? Not seen you on the UK boards recently (doesn't mean you haven't been there...as I said...been busy. smile.gif Nice to hear from you.

@Alex...sorry....I knew what I was doing.....and I knew it was wrong....and I completely agree....NO street racing. I know the rules, just used a devious approach to attract some interest. I got several views of a similar thread on NT and not one reply.....I know I've been away for a while but hey....snubbed!....lol....what did I expect.

I knew RDTiburon would still be a friendly place. smile.gif I feel great not having the GK to worry about anymore.....it's a very green move to keep a 9 year old car in good working order. Some good threads on here...the atmosphere is great...like the UK forums.

Now on Radio365. fing02.gif
Old 08-15-2007, 11:03 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

and on the plus side, now you don't have to post at NewTiburon.com anymore! yay..

HKC's tib is a US spec 1997 with an F2 bumper. Still sexay if you ask me.

and what's on Radio365? Isn't that Disney Radio on the AM? ...wtf mate?
Old 08-15-2007, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

i think i would made the same choice. i love rd1's.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:21 AM

@Patreezy....not sure about this Radio 365 now.....I just had an e-mail to say they were playing me on their station.....Disney?....sounds like a cross-up or a cheque(check) smile.gif

@Lilo...I love my RD1. Have an Exedy stage one clutch to fit along with new engine mount.