Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

R.I.P. Nancy Wheaton

Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE
Default R.I.P. Nancy Wheaton

Yesterday afternoon Floyd's (187sks) mom lost her fight with Small Cell Lung cancer that had gotten to her brain. She passed peacefully with family and friends all around her. WE are going to be super busy over the next few days and not sure when we we will be able to get back on here. We just wanted our Hyundai family to know. Those of you who have been here for a while know the journey that this has been, and those of you who are new here, I will give you cliff notes:

She was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer that was wrapped around her bronial tube. She was given 3 to 6 months to live. She underwent HEAVY chemo and radiation. Just like that the cancer was gone. Then after about 2 months she was then diagnosed with cancer in her brain. After massive radiation they determined that the cancer had gone and there were no traces of it ever being there at all. It was the blessing we were looking for. Then we got the news that one tumor had come back to her brain. They tried to do more chemo but after two years of heavy chemo and radiation her body could no longer handle it. She was to weak to do anything on her own. The doctors thought it would be best for her to let nature take its corse. Its been a long road of ups and downs. WE are super thankful for the extra time we had with her, and while we knew that this would be the end result it doesn't make it any easier.

I just thought that I should update you guys and let you all know that we have not just disappeared. WE will be back, just haeve alot to plan. We are still planning on going to the big meet in a couple of weeks, so if we made plans to meet with you don't worry we should be there. We are trying to get the memorial done this weekend. We will keep you updated as far as how things are going.

We love our HA family!!

~TheDonsWife aka Stacy~
Old 05-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Oh wow! My condolences to your families! If either you or Floyd need anything at all...you guys know my number and know how to reach me. Prayers and thoughts go out in this time of sadness.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:00 PM

Thanks V! Its so nice to have such awesome friends and the great support they give! I just wanted to make sure that you knew what was going on and why we really won't be on much for the next several days! He wants to try and have the memorial on this Saturday but not sure about that and will know more after meeting with the people at the mortuary and the the church. We will try to update you all!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:22 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

RIP. You guys take as much time as you need.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

My condolences to your families
Old 05-05-2010, 06:06 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

it's very saddening to hear that. especially since she was probably young. just stay strong.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:35 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

God bless guys! Very sorry to hear of your loss.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:24 PM

Thanks guys it really does mean a lot to know people care. You guys are awesome!!!!

Old 05-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Thanks everybody.

I'll still be in and out of here a lot. There may be times where I'm out for a few days still.

I won't be able to make it to the meet on May 15th, I'm leaving it in the capable hands of David (sharkrocket) and Jamey (Sephlar).
Old 05-07-2010, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

So sorry to hear what your going through Floyd and Stacy, you 2 are in my thoughts.