Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

R.i.p.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

The guy killed was my first cousin's husband, Cha. they say James Nichols was protecting himslef but what he didn't know was that there was another guy that was hunting with Cha and saw everything from a distance. Autopsy report was released to the family yesterday and my uncle and them got to see the body. HE WAS RACIALLY MOTIVATED! He shot twice and didn't kill Cha so he stabbed him and slit his throat! Wha reason even if you were arguing over something so little would make you kill a man so violently! One of the reason's he's on porale is he vandlized a house spraying KKK all over it.

Murder Charge Filed
January 16, 2007
MARINETTE, Wis. (AP) - A white hunter was charged Tuesday with
killing a Hmong hunter during a confrontation at a wildlife refuge in a slaying that rekindled racial tensions in Wisconsin.

James Nichols, 28, of Peshtigo, shot and stabbed 30-year-old Cha Vang of Green Bay, whose body was found Jan. 6 in the refuge where both were hunting squirrels, according to a criminal complaint filed in Marinette County Circuit Court.

District Attorney Brent DeBord gave no motive for the killing, which Vang's family said appeared to be racially motivated. Nichols has claimed self-defense, according to the complaint.

Two years ago, a Hmong deer hunter shot six white hunters to death after being accused of trespassing in northwestern Wisconsin's Sawyer County. He said that the whites shouted racial epithets at him and opened fire first. He is serving multiple life sentences.

After Vang's death, members of Hmong community said they feared it was retaliation for the earlier killings.

In the complaint, prosecutors said Nichols claimed Vang shot him without provocation after Nichols told Vang to leave because he was interfering with his hunt. Nichols said the two then fought, and he killed Vang.

"I know there are many people in the Hmong community and the community at large, that are wondering if this is a hate crime," **** Campbell, spokesman for Vang's widow, said after the charges were announced. "I'm wondering that myself."

--->Nichols told authorities that Hmong people were mean and "kill everything and that they go for anything that moves," the complaint said. He also said that the "Hmong group are bad," the complaint said.

Vang's body was found covered with leaves and other debris in a depression in the woods after members of his hunting party reported him missing.

An autopsy indicated Vang was hit by a shotgun blast and stabbed six times. He also had a 3- to 4-inch wooden stick coming out of his clenched teeth, the complaint said.

Sheriff's deputies arrested Nichols after he went to a hospital with a .22 caliber bullet lodged in his right hand and an injury to his other hand.

Deputies said Nichols told several versions of his story in claiming self-defense.

He told one that Vang said, "I'm going to kill you, I'm going to kill you," the complaint said. But Vang's wife has said he knew no English.<--- (he didn't know english)

Nichols was charged with first-degree intentional homicide while armed, hiding a corpse and being a felon in possession of a firearm, all felonies. He was charged as a habitual criminal because of his previous conviction on burglary charges. DeBord said the investigation is continuing into whether more charges should be filed.

Nichols faces up to life in prison plus 39 years and a $50,000 fine if convicted.

Nichols made his first court appearance via a video conference Tuesday afternoon. Wearing an orange jail jumpsuit, he answered the judge's questions politely with "Yes, sir" and rested his elbows on the table, exposing his bandaged hands.

His 20-year-old fiancee, Dacia James, sobbed when Judge David Miron set his bail at $500,000 cash, rejecting his attorney's request for bail to be set not more than $100,000 cash.

The judge scheduled a preliminary hearing Feb. 14.

Nichols' public defender Kent Hoffmann said the charges were just allegations and he reserved the right to challenge the sufficiency of the complaint later. He did not elaborate.

He said since Nichols got out of prison in 2002 on felony
burglary charges he has not violated the terms of his probation
until the hunting incident and was not at risk to flee the area.
Before the hearing, James said she didn't believe her fiancee killed Vang intentionally.

"I do believe it is self-defense. I don't believe he should be convicted of murder. He was wrong for going hunting with a firearm," Dacia James said.

She said he gave authorities different versions of his story because he knew he wasn't supposed to have a firearm.

James, who has known Nichols for 5 years, said she's never heard him say anything negative about Hmong people.

"I can't believe he would say that. He has never been racist or derogatory against someone who didn't deserve it," she said.

James, who helped Nichols hide the hunting shotgun in a Michigan storage locker after Vang was killed, met with sheriff's officials Tuesday and said she has been told she won't be charged.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:20 AM

that's so insane! he killed a man so violently.

I think he (the suspect) deserves death penalty.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:34 AM

"I can't believe he would say that. He has never been racist or derogatory against someone who didn't deserve it," she said.

Riight, so spray painting KKK all over someone's house isn't racist. According to her, they must've deserved it. mad.gif

I'm really sorry man. You, your family, and your cousing have my condolences.

BTW, the self defense plea flies like an aircraft carrier. If he had only shot him, it would be plausible, but when he stabbed him six times, THEN slit his throat, he kinda made it obvious he was only interested in killing him.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:40 AM

Kinda off topic but they were hunting squirrels?? I would think the chances of 2 hunting parties being out shooting squirrels the same day would have been pretty slim.....anyway sorry for your loss
Old 01-18-2007, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

RIP. Sorry about the lost. What a tragic death.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:57 AM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

they're trying to get him for hate crimes right now.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:19 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Crash @ Jan 18 2007, 12:40 PM)
Kinda off topic but they were hunting squirrels?? I would think the chances of 2 hunting parties being out shooting squirrels the same day would have been pretty slim.....anyway sorry for your loss

+ I don't know if a shotgun would be my first choice when hunting squirrels....

QUOTE (Mister_Sinister @ Jan 18 2007, 12:34 PM)
BTW, the self defense plea flies like an aircraft carrier. If he had only shot him, it would be plausible, but when he stabbed him six times, THEN slit his throat, he kinda made it obvious he was only interested in killing him.

If he was shot first, self defence ended the moment the "attacker" was on the ground and no longer holding his gun. Anything beyond that is offence.

I'm sorry your family had to suffer such a tragic loss
Old 01-18-2007, 11:45 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (Rixshark @ Jan 18 2007, 06:19 PM)
+ I don't know if a shotgun would be my first choice when hunting squirrels....
If he was shot first, self defence ended the moment the "attacker" was on the ground and no longer holding his gun. Anything beyond that is offence.

I'm sorry your family had to suffer such a tragic loss

You can hunt squirrels with a .410 shotgun. Anyways. Sorry for the lost