Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Parish, Ny's Weather At Its Finest

Old 02-07-2007, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yah so, i got back from florida to see a 4 foot snow bank where my driveway was, i snowblowed that out, and then the next morning it had snowed so hard that it was right fricking back to where it was before, heres the aftermath

(Note, the bright red arrow is my tib (under a car cover thank god), the blue arrow is selina's prelude, and the dark red arrow is my friends 2005 sentra.)

This is the snow hanging off my roof.

Now if anybody is wondering why their area didnt get their usual snow, its cuz we fricking got it all. drillsergeant.gif
Old 02-07-2007, 08:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

This weather really does blow. Alexs sister brought us home from the airport (in a truck) and we couldnt even get in the driveway..there was maybe three feet of snow already.

My car got pwned the most lmao i attempted to shovel it out and gave up. I mean theres 4 ft of snow on it and 5 ft length wise of snow behind it. wtf.

My dad said maybe we got this weather because this is my last winter here tongue.gif

For those of you that complained about not having snow..you guys are crazy.

Were due to get more too..
Old 02-07-2007, 08:58 PM

I feel for you guys. I have family in central Maine, and they get snow like that in OCTOBER. But the best part is they STILL have school. They live in a very remote area where the K-12 school is 11 miles away, and the whole school is only 200 kids. The roads aren't plowed or salted and they still have to go. But they barely even bother shoveling or plowing because it just ends up like that again the next day or in a few hours.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:02 PM

^That really does suck. I feel for those kids.

They stopped plowing interstate 81 two towns before us because there was no use..it kept coming down. They ended up closing the interstate. Ive never seen that.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:52 PM

Vehicle: car

Y'all got mountains? If so, what are you complainin about!? Go snowboarding! Cross Country Ski to your destinations! lol It's hilarious, we got 4 inches of snow yesterday and there was soooo many wrecks. My manager totaled his focus due to a median wall. I was havin a blast! I can drive in the snow like its nothing. My Thunderbird had slicks (worn to slicks rather, literally NO tread) and I handled that all winter. I can keep control like none other in the snow. I was sitting at this stop light laughing hysterically at people losing control and sliding. lmao. I wish we had a good snow like that here. I'm sick of this dumb no snow but still cold crap!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:16 PM

Complaining because you cant go anywhere, cars are stuck under 4ft of snow, its freezing, I cant go outside without my face feeling like its going to fall off..I dont find any good in that. 02.gif

I used to say I wanted more snow too when I was in NJ..now I def. take back what I said.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:16 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

Its no surpise the Tib made the best snow drift cool.gif
Old 02-08-2007, 12:32 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

/\ thats hot right? almost like a perfect outline of her...

bligaxx im complaining cuz i gotta go to work every morning, and to do that i gotta clean 4 foot of snow off my car everytime i go out to start it, then i gotta get that same 4 feet outta the driveway so i can get out lmao.gif

I can handle myself in the snow, ive lived in this all my life, ive driven through conditions people cant walk through. cool.gif

Also i do enjoy snowboarding, but the nearest mountain is like 50 miles away and they can make their own snow so i dont really prey for 8 feet of snow lmao.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:11 AM

We got a dusting the other day.. took me half an hour longer to get to work because all the idiots were doing 10mph on roads that had been plowed (ok, so we got a little less than an inch) and drying, but were still afraid to death of the snow on the edges and centre of the road.

I enjoy blowing by SUVs that are afraid of snow in my rear wheel drive, relatively lightweight, and semi-powerful BMW.. might I also add I am still running summer tyres and not all seasons

It is cool though how the tib made that neat shape, kind of reminds me of the "carved from wind" commercial
Old 02-08-2007, 07:38 AM

Vehicle: Had 96 Elantra Wagon

It is better to look at the snow in pictures instead of having to deal with it personally. It was Mid 70's here yesterday. lmao.gif