Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Online Game

Old 11-19-2003, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like online games my brother is going to Digipen (programming college affiliated with Nintendo in Redmond, WA) and made a pretty sweet one. He's looking for more players so if you're interested sign up and play. It's free, fun, and only takes a couple of minutes a day.

www.teragaia.com
Old 11-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'll definitely look into it. Are you able to tell us what the basic points to the game are? Strategy? Combat? any games you can possibly relate it to?
Old 11-19-2003, 05:09 PM

Turn based game (gain 1 energy every 15 real life minutes) make farms to hire men, use men to defend your town or kill others. Kill other towns for gold or make trade routes with them for gold. Person with the most gold at the end of the round wins. There is a 'help' feature to the game that is short and to the point which should get you started in no more than ten minutes
Old 11-20-2003, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I have deemed it STUPID until I take the time to play it. I used up all 100 things before I figured out I started at my damn village. It drops you in without any clue of what to do or why you're doing it. Not worth my time at the moment. Perhaps I'll put forth the effort to figure it out when I'm not swamped with group projects, reports, and exams for college. Props given for creating something I couldn't do myself. Reminds me of the old ZELDA on Nintendo in a way
Old 11-20-2003, 06:25 AM

Is it really that bad? Maybe you are just spoiled by the games that out and about today?
Old 11-20-2003, 09:03 AM

Default New guy

my brother did make it after only his freshman year in college so I'm sure there are many things that he can improve, but he's just learning. I think it's a really good game for just started to learn how to make them.

Before you start playing I'd suggest at least looking over the help because then you won't waste the 100 energy and you'll know how to play. It only takes about 5-10 minutes to read through the whole thing.