Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Christmas Presents

Old 11-19-2003, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christmas is coming up fast and I need to let my parents know what they should get me. I need some suggestions of things for my Tib that don't cost more than $120. I'm already thinking about getting this shifter... and then maybe an E-Brake handle. Any more ideas I can take into consideration? (Blacktibs-your halos are already a consideration laugh.gif )
Old 11-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

hm..... underbody neons ($65 + s/h, let me know and I'll get you the info)... intake (put the rest of the money towards it)... decent alarm... window tint... replacement for factory CD player (put your money with theirs to get a good one)... INTERIOR A/C Vent Halo's! I'll be posting pictures of mine hopefully this weekend! I'm sure you can find some pics of Phorq's interior halo's... definitely worth the money wink.gif uhm... maybe some factory replacement speakers? or neon tubes to go with your A/C vent halo's (tubes and halo's keep you under $100)... that's all I have for now. Good idea for a topic... :-D
Old 11-19-2003, 05:15 PM

I'm getting underbody led's from the guy on hundaiperformance, I have intake, I have a headunit, I need an alarm, the back windows are tinted but I need to do the drivers/passenger side windows, vent halos might be nice, speakers are a possiblility, interior neons I'm not really into at the moment

For an alarm wouldn't I need to get a good off name model so no one knows how to disconnect it and wouldn't that end up putting me way over 100?

How much should it cost me to get those two windows tinted? I was quoted at $100 but that seemed a little much for just those two windows

Do you use the A/C vent halos while you drive? Isn't it distracting?

Good suggestions I'll have to look into those. Any more?
Old 11-19-2003, 05:22 PM

Unfortunatly, the Link for your shifter didn't work.. but here is my Shifter..

I am going to polish up the machined metal this winter...

and here is my handbrake knob.

As you can see.. the handbrake is polished aluminum and the shiftknob is not.. hence the reason to polish up my shifter.

While all of Majik's ideas are good.. most of them are only visible at night.. at least the polished aluminim in my car is always there to be seen.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:01 PM

Default FS: Two Autometer Gauges

The link works for me. Anyways it's the Ractive TK619 shifter. It has 6 red leds and a hidden button whith 4 options (on, off, blinking, chasing) No wires either, just small batteries
Old 11-19-2003, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

The halo's are not distracting at all. You don't have to have them on while driving, but I like them that way wink.gif they are bright to the point that they're noticable and look freakin' nice... but they don't shine in your face like it was a neon tube.

As for the alarm... I have an AST Alarm with Remote Starter. I believe CarTronics had it for $135 INSTALLED... but of course I had to get all the extra options, such as remote starter and keyless entry installed... ran me a few hundred more ;-/

As for tint... I got my window tint and sunstrip done for $100. It was a special for that weekend, but for the tiburon it shouldn't cost more than $150 for all windows, unless it's one kick ass job of window tinting... but for 2 side windows, I wouldn't think more than $70
Old 11-20-2003, 06:22 PM

Some more ideas...

Pedals, engine dress up, valve stem caps
Old 11-20-2003, 08:42 PM

here are a some ideas for chirstmas gifts,

Clear corners, from www.speedstate.com or www.kspec.com

Wax, polishing bonnets, cordless waxer/buffer.
(car detailing stuff adds up to a lot of money)

Piaa H7 headlights
Old 11-20-2003, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Mad, do you have a pic of that shifter installed on your car. i tried pm you about it but i guess you didnt get it.