Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Omg What A Couple Of Days

Old 03-09-2007, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, the past few days have been rough... on Wednesday i was watching X men 3 when i get message on MSN from my girlfriend, who is going to school in regina, that there was a death on her floor at the rez at the university, and i was like ok, that sucks, but whatever.... then like an hour later she phones be bawling because the person who died was her best friend.. now what can you say to someone when they tell you that their best friend is dead??? so i went to tell her parents, then i got ready to go down to regina to go see her and help her get through this.
Regina is about 2 hours away, and I'm about halfway there, and the weather is good, then i go through a valley, and on the other side it's just white... no visibility whatsoever... so i slow down to like 60 and I'm driving when the wind pushes the back end out from behind me and I'm going sideways on the highway with oncoming traffic traffic and cars behind me.. good thing I've got so much experience with fishtailing that i pulled out of it, and pulled over to change my underpants (jk) i went to see if anything was wrong with my back tires, and I could hardly open the door the wind was so strong. so I pop the truck in 4X4 and start going again, and the truck starts jerking for no apparent reason (see "will I make it" in other vehicles), and it takes me 2 hours to make what should have been a 40 min trip after the halfway point.
When I got there i stayed the night, and when i went to take her home yesterday morning, I had a ticket because parking meters were the last thing on my mind when i pulled in to the university... and to top it off I'm not sure if I'm going to make it home with the truck acting up, but we made it and now my gf is doing a lot better @ coming to terms with what happened... the police aren't releasing any details, so nobody knows if it was a suicide or an accident, but I feel sorry for all the people that were his friends there... his brother was the person who had found him, and that's got to be one of the hardest things in life... finding your brother dead...
this is the second time something difficult has happened to my girlfriend this year in university... in September someone broke the safety off a sprinkler head across the hall from her and flooded the bottom 3 floors of the rez, causing over 70,000 in damage, and everything that wasn't like 2 feet off her floor was absolutely ruined... what a way to start university eh?? I'm just glad she's doing ok now and coming to accept that she's never going to see him again...
thanks for listening (reading?) guys
Old 03-09-2007, 11:16 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra 2000

wow ... that's hard, my thoughts are with you two and the familly, hope his brother will be ok, as you said finding a dead familly member must quite hard!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:20 AM

Glad you made it back in the truck.. Glad things are going better ..
Old 03-09-2007, 12:14 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

It's good to see you and your girlfriend doing relatively okay.

Hope things work out for the both of you. beerchug.gif