Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Olympic commentator misspeaks

Old 08-10-2012, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track
Default Olympic commentator misspeaks

• Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."
  • Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."
  • Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."
  • Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."
  • Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."
  • At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."
  • Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."
  • Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them . . . Oh my God, what have I just said?"
Old 08-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

This is what happens when you have people with microphones involved in what by rights ought to be pure sports. Athletes, not commentators, are why *some of us* watch. With the mute button handy.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

My favorite ones are:

Originally Posted by Red Raspberry
  • Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."
  • Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them . . . Oh my God, what have I just said?"

Old 08-11-2012, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

That reminds me of a golf sign...