Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

need to tune your tib?? grab a game boy!!

Old 01-12-2005, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default need to tune your tib?? grab a game boy!!

http://turboxs.com/Dtec/dtec.shtml

The TurboXS DTEC is a revolutionary new product that turns your Nintendo® Gameboy Advance into a programmable, upgradeable, automotive performance tool for tuning, data logging, and diagnostics.

The DTEC plugs into your Gameboy Advance (GBA) and comes preloaded with software that lets you use your Gameboy as a Boost Gauge, Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge, Air Temperature Gauge and Tachometer. Future plug-n-play sensors will allow everything from Knock Indication to Vehicle Acceleration (ie. G-Force). All sensors are sold separately.

sounds pretty cool to me, my main questions are will the setting your change hold while the gb isn't hooked up and how much is it going to cost? I'm thinking if this would cost ~75 then it would be a awesome deal when you can't touch anything for fuel tuning for less that 200.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:57 PM

Cow..is this for real? Sorry man, but with all the ebay scams that have been posted here the last couple of weeks, I'm a little apprehensive..
Old 01-12-2005, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Yes, it is for real. You can do better with a Pocket PC though. ( Shameless plug for the Axim x3i I have for sale. laugh.gif )
Old 01-12-2005, 04:25 PM

In that case, sorry I doubted you Cow, that IS interesting then. Might have to stop by the pawn shop and pick up one of these thing..lol
Old 01-12-2005, 06:35 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Hrrmmm, I would think that it would just be for monitoring the EGT, A/F and Boost. More like a bunch of gauges in one. I can't see you being able to control the boost threshold from a gameboy.

On the other hand this is really cool. Makes you think about buying 2-300 worth of gauges to monitor these things.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

http://turboxs.com/Dtec/dtec2.shtml

sorry the info was over on a link on that first page.

NEW TXS DTEC!!!
Tuning Ability

The Fuel Tuning!

But this is just the beginning. With the purchase of additional hardware/software packages from TurboXS, you can turn your DTEC into a powerful electronic fuel computer or boost controller. The DTEC fuel computer adjusts the Air/Fuel Ratio by modifying the air-flow meter/MAP sensor signal against engine load and RPM with tuning resolution that is second to none. The DTEC boost controller provides you with total control in either open or closed loop operation, all the while allowing you to display, record or playback any of the input or output signals like RPM, MAF or MAP.

The DTEC is a highly versatile, customizable, upgradeable performance tool that gives you a good excuse to go out and buy yourself a Gameboy. Buy make no mistake, the DTEC is no toy. It is a highly advanced and powerful tool for automotive performance tuning.

The DTEC will begin shipping in late October 2004 so stay tuned!

edit: I'm hoping this will be a piggy back ecu we can get for CHEAP!! that just has to be programmed with the gameboy. as well as the guages viewed by gb. I think it would be really sweet.

double edit: oh, btw cyber, I spotted this in my copy of s3 mag. It was in their top 51 new products unveiled at sema.

triple edit!!!:
QUOTE (javageek)
Yes, it is for real. You can do better with a Pocket PC though. ( Shameless plug for the Axim x3i I have for sale. laugh.gif )

how does that work? do the setting hold without the axim hooked up. could I just use the laptop?
Old 01-12-2005, 09:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

From reading that site though Supercow, there isn't programming, it's just reading info.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:31 PM

If you could tune with that thing, ... that has got to be a really great
Idea.
Beats spending way over a grand for a good laptop.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:52 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

those things r ugly
Old 01-13-2005, 09:55 PM

yeah if u could tune it at those 250 rpm increments that would be tight.