Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Need Some Help With The Girlfriend

Old 06-01-2005, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Alright so on friday night I was with my ex girlfriend. She needed to talk so I told her to meet me at McDonalds. There she was kinda flirty and stuff and I have a girlfriend that I've had for the past 8 and a half months so I obviously wasn't liking it. Shes liked me ever since we broke up and has tried to get back with me before. She wanted to try and drive my car so I took her over to a park and let her try a couple times. It maybe was like 5 minutes since my cars stick and its not really that easy to learn for the first time. Anyway so her boyfriend got this idea that we ended up doing stuff together like making out or wutever other stuff and now my girlfriend doesn't know who to believe. And what made it worse was two friends of mine (one my best friend) told her all this stuff that supposedly happened when they dont even know the story. I think she wants to believe me but I see how shes having trouble because I really have nothing for her to go by other than her trust in me and the fact that i'm not the kind of person who cheats on his girlfriend. I wudnt touch my ex girl ever again but i'm afraid that Ill lose the girl of my dreams that I have now if i don't find some way to convince her that I didn't do anything. I honestly didn't do a thing wrong and I really need my girlfriend to believe that. I know it may have been wrong for me to even meet up with her but I was bored and it sounded like she needed help and I like to be a helpful person. I've pretty much been a wreck all night through work and everything because I don't know what Id do without my girlfriend. We have all kinds of plans that I don't want to have to forget about. Any ideas you guys have to help would be great. Sorry for the long post
Old 06-01-2005, 08:23 PM

Ask her to ask everyone who told her stuff the following questions: Did you see for yourself that this happened? (presumed no answer to last question) Then, What makes you think this happened since you didn't see it for yourself?

Given that no one can possibly have any proof of you doing those things (point this out to your gf), without lying of course, then she should have no reason to doubt you.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:31 PM

Think of this as a lesson learned, don't mess with exgirlfriends if you are serious about the girl you're with now. Little things like that can cause distrust and insecurities that can lead to other problems later on so I wouldn't talk to the ex AT ALL from here on out. It's obvious that your ex wants you back and probably is testing the waters to see if she can take you away from your current girlfriend. Just be really good to the current girlfriend and try to make it up to her so she'll forget about the incident..just my 2cents..good luck
Old 06-01-2005, 08:35 PM

^ Ya i know that and I definately will not have anything to do with the ex ever again since shes obviously lying about the whole situation jsut to see what will happen with me and my girlfriend it seems
Old 06-01-2005, 09:12 PM

^^^^Precisely, tell your gf that you went with your ex in a honest way, because you thought she needed some help in some way, and that you did it BECAUSE it's a finished story between you two (you and your ex) so there was nothing wrong for you there.
Tell her now you realize that her intentions were not transparent nor authentic, and that you feel awful because on one side you also feel betrayed by the ex, and on the other side your relationship has gone into a difficult situation.
Explain as Cyber said you learned your lesson, and that even when you might think there would be nothing bad about hanging with an ex, you won't do it just because you don't want to make her (gf) feel bad, even because of possible rumors.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

All you can do is suck up and convince her to believe you.
You can't beat gossip with logic, but you better try. lol.gif

My take on this is that .. I can't help but think you are THAT serious about your current girlfriend though, I mean, why would you go hang out with your ex...everyone knows that guys and girls aren't ever just friends, I mean, when two people are alone one of those two are ALWAYS at least THINKING something could happen. You know you were probably flirting and talking nice blah blah with your ex when you met up with her. Not saying you did anything wrong, but put yourself in your girlfriends shoes--if she met up with an ex boyfriend and your friend was convincing you she cheated on you what would you think?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:25 PM

Ya youre right zoned and I guess it just comes down to trust. I guess I would kind of wonder but I trust my girlfriend and she trusts me so if someone said something to me about her I would ask her about it first. And I talked with my girlfriend before the rumors got around and let her know it wasnt true
Old 06-01-2005, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

smile.gif Just gotta convince her and butter her up man, right now she's feeling insecure, let her know she;s #1 no matter what.
good luck
Old 06-01-2005, 09:52 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

Trust is a very fragile thing at best. It is easily broken, but very hard to repair. All I can tell you is that if she loves you, and you promise her that nothing did/will ever happen, and that you will never go near your ex again b/c she's evil and can't be trusted, things will work out.
As for CyberShark saying that your gf will forget about it, wrong! Women never forget things like this, and if anything even remotely similar ever happens again she will bring this back up as proof of your past behaviour.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

zoned guys and girls CAN just be friends, esspecially if each arent attracted to eachother, BUT its very hard for ex's to just be friends. it took a while with my ex but now we are just friends and thats fine with my girl right now, even though i prolly wouldnt and dont hang out with my ex anymore lol.

OK so how do you convince your girl your telling the truth? Not easy. How about....Showing her this thread, lol. sounds stupid at first but Shell see how much you think of her, and how desperate you are to show you didnt do anything. ALSO girls like to see what your story looks like when you tell somebody else, because they know there is less of a chance of you lying to somebody else where there arent any consiquences for doing so. Its worth a try.

I base my relationships on trust, if im in a relationship i have to trust that person 100%, if she cant accept you SWEARING to her that you didnt do anything and she believes some other dude's word over yours? Then somethings wrong there. Like 50 said, "how deep is our bond if thats all it takes for you to be gone?"

Tell her all the reasons why you wouldnt go back to your ex, and maybe why your girl is so much better than your ex? I'm assuming she is because you said she was the girl of your dreams and you wouldnt think of going back.

Now u need to prevent this from happening again. I always make sure i can prove my innocence, to make sure my girl has no doubt in her mind. So if im in a relationship and i am gonna hang out with a friend who is a girl, i always have guy friends there too, at all times, u might want to do that next time. I have had close friends who are girls while i was in relationships. To show them that our friendship was just a friendship i would save our conversations on AIM or something to that effect, then show them the conversation to show them the things we talk about.

Tell us how this turns out man, hopefully she will see that your telling the truth.