Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Las Vegas Here We Come!

Old 07-18-2006, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang Redz sounds like the event wasn't all like it was cracked up to be. According to the web site the event started 7pm friday night. Is that true? Anyway I'm still bumbed that I can't even attend a local event 02.gif

Can we see those pics you did take!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'll upload them soon.

The "event" started at 4, you had to have your car in there from noon to 4 or you weren't in the show. They had NHRA drag races, drifting, the show, and more, all going on at once. It was a CLUSTERf***.

Seriously.

Folks were dropping like flys, they ran out of water at about 10PM to sell. Then they wouldn't do the trophies until all the drifting and drag racing was done, so we ended up there till 0230 instead of midnight.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:23 PM

Holy crapola man. That does sound like one huge cluster f***. Hopefully they learn year after year and get better with their setups.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:31 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Damn, I should have called you guys. I got stuck in Redding, CA for a while and ended up around Vegas/Henderson area waaay later than I thought (like 4am).

Oh well, glad you all made it back safely.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:45 PM

I guess last year wasn't so bad, but it was still a mess.

Even Tibbytib was all pissed off.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:39 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

OMG!!! It was hot in Vegas??? Who would have imagined??? That's almost near impossible isn't it? Oh wait, apparently it isn't!

Also, your telling me that an event held for the first time ever didn't go according to schedule? Wow, what a shocker. It is definitely the event promoter's fault because some of the best and biggest names in NHRA Sport Compact Drag racing and D1 Drifting crashed or broke down. So, you mean to tell me that 8 second 4 cylinder all out drag cars breakdown sometimes causing delays while clean up crews scrub off the track? That's impossible!

Dude, there were a lot of things going on at once. However, it wasn't one big clusterf***. Not like there was a stampede or anything. Although, I agree with the handing out of the trophies should have been done earlier.

The guys break dancing were pretty damn good. The gathering together of 100+ Scions in one place was pretty impressive. A lot of the cars had a lot to show.

Redz, get any pics of the bikini, contest by chance? Was it any good? I'm thinking it would be decent going by all the T and A floating around all day. I had to go b/c the girly got bored/tired.

Some of you are not into drag racing so you wouldn't care but they were really laying it out. Friday night saw several cars pushed beyond their limits and had to be towed. I watched several (not 1 or 2) hit the 8 second range. There were a few in the 7 seconds range and a couple that hit 6 seconds but I didn't catch those.

My only disappointment was that noone showed up. I was thinking the Hyper crew would show, last year they had like 7 GKs. Then hoping maybe Jaws or blacktibs would show or maybe I'd finally get to meet up with Patreezy. Blue Blaze, how did you miss a meet in your own town that went on for a whole weekend?

BTW, they got more water. I'm hoping you found that out while you were at the event.

Read all about the results and see a bunch of pictures here...

http://www.urbanracer.com/
Old 07-19-2006, 09:27 AM

QUOTE (tiburonmoo @ Jul 19 2006, 01:39 AM)
OMG!!! It was hot in Vegas??? Who would have imagined??? That's almost near impossible isn't it? Oh wait, apparently it isn't!

I wasn't complaining about the heat, I LIKE it hot. It's not the event's fault that it got that hot that weekend, they don't control the weather.

Also, your telling me that an event held for the first time ever didn't go according to schedule? Wow, what a shocker. It is definitely the event promoter's fault because some of the best and biggest names in NHRA Sport Compact Drag racing and D1 Drifting crashed or broke down. So, you mean to tell me that 8 second 4 cylinder all out drag cars breakdown sometimes causing delays while clean up crews scrub off the track? That's impossible!

First time ever? Dude, later in your post you said this went on last year too, how can it be the first time EVER? I've heard of the Extreme Autofest's for awhile now. Cars break down, cars crash, yes, but that's not what was being complained about.

Dude, there were a lot of things going on at once. However, it wasn't one big clusterf***. Not like there was a stampede or anything. Although, I agree with the handing out of the trophies should have been done earlier.

That's for sure, there was TOO MUCH going on at once, and folks didn't want to leave their cars at the show open to go look around because stuff was BEING STOLLEN OUT OF CARS AT THE SHOW!!! It WAS a big clusterf***. We showed up and had to drive around for 10 minutes trying to find out where to park. Then we had to find a staff member and wait for another 40 minutes for him to try to figure out where for us to park. Then we finally got over to where he wanted us and had to wait another 30 minutes for him to have some other cars change their orientation because they were too spread out. Then we got to park, by ourselves. There were 6 hyundai's there, 3 GK's, 2 RD's, and one Accent, and NONE of us were parked together except for the RD's. I talked to the GK owners and found out that none of them, except for one GK, was there with a club. All of them were pissed off that they weren't with other Hyundai's.

They had DIFFERENT JUDGES JUDGING THE SAME CLASS/MODELS OF CAR!!! That's wrong right there! Everyone walked by the accent (Including Tibbytib) and said "That's first place right there.", and he didn't even PLACE?!?!?!? They kept putting stupid rappers on the stage with people booing when we just wanted the results so we could leave, at 2 oclock in the morning. They started throwing out free shit to the crowd so we didn't RIOT. They didn't organize the trophies till 1 AM, and even then they gave the wrong trophies to the wrong people. Ask Tibbytib. They had ONE ambulance on scene, to COVER THE DRAG RACING, and that was it. We were in the first aid area when they were begging for more ambulances to be sent to help with all the heat injuries.

The guys break dancing were pretty damn good. The gathering together of 100+ Scions in one place was pretty impressive. A lot of the cars had a lot to show.

Break dancing? Sorry, I missed that, but I wasn't that fond of it in the 80's. It's a friggin car show, not a dance off. As for the Scions, of course there was that many, that happens when Scion will pay for the entry fees and some of the hotel costs. Not to mention, everyone that buys a Scion drives it off the lot modified. What skill.

Get any pics of the bikini contest by chance? Was it any good? I'm thinking it would be decent going by all the T and A floating around all day. I had to go b/c the girly got bored/tired.

It was allright, but no, I didn't, Tibbytib did. Lots of the girls took of their shirt and just turned away. Winner was chosen by lottery or something, not crowd reaction. You think YOU guys were tired and bored, shit, so were we.

Your not into drag racing so you wouldn't care but they were really laying it out. Friday night saw several cars pushed beyond their limits and had to be towed. I watched several (not 1 or 2) hit the 8 second range. There were a few in the 7 seconds range and a couple that hit 6 seconds but I didn't catch those.

I'm not into drag racing, as in DOING IT, but I like to watch them. Unfortunatley, I never had the time to because we were waiting on being judged. By the time they finally judged our "Forgotten" cars at 8:30, my feet hurt so bad that I didn't do much walking afterwards.

The drifting was the best I've ever seen, and a blast to be there for that for sure.

My only disappointment was that noone showed up. I was thinking the Hyper crew would show, last year they had like 7 GKs. Then hoping maybe Jaws or blacktibs would show or maybe I'd finally get to meet up with Patreezy. Blue Blaze, how did you miss a meet in your own town that went on for a whole weekend?

That pissed me off too. Of course, it also pissed me off that your chicken ass didn't enter. LOL Seriously though. Then ANT, he didn't enter, and he would have probably placed, great accent he had.

BlueBlaze is a reservist, he had drill that weekend. Usually you can do your own thing at night, but I guess he couldn't.

BTW, they got more water. I'm hoping you found that out while you were at the event.

Oh, there was water there all day, the nasty nasty creamy water that came out of the fountains by the bathrooms. As for bottled water, we tried to buy some at 10 PM, and they were out. 10:30 they got some more in but sold out before we got there. Got some more in at about 11:45, but the vendors stopped sellling anything at midnight because of the schedule, but we were still there till 0230 like I said. We PERSONALLY brought like 30 bottles of water in that cooler, and they were all gone by the time you guys left.

Read all about the results and see a bunch of pictures here...

http://www.urbanracer.com/

Checking it out.

Out of all of the shows I've been to, this is the worst one.

Ever.

Nopi Nationals are VERY well setup, the Nopi Phoenix had some issues with where we were supposed to be, but we arrived VERY late for that, but we were still all together. Everything else there was done RIGHT, but the drifting sucked.

They had the trophies organized and ready before the show even started, and that is a 2 day show.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:43 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

F all the hostility, jeez...

sorry I couldn't make it. I really wanted to, but my car blew up a week prior and I was busy finding a replacement car. I HAD planned to stop by Sunday evening but we got stuck in Redding, CA Saturday night/Sunday morning till 12 noon. Didn't get to Las Vegas until midnight or so Sunday night. =(

I'll be up in the Vegas area soon enough though. I have to say what's up to the New Tiburon Vegas crew again anyways...
(and tibmoo, LOL...I don't need that Rside Thorrtle Body screw anymore. lmao.gif)
Old 07-19-2006, 01:51 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Man too bad I was busy 0_o
Old 07-19-2006, 03:40 PM

No hostility, just clarifying what the issues were. There were a FEW nice cars there, but most of them that they filmed were "Dubbed" out.