Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Ideas On Fixing A Bent Rim

Old 04-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Look up the towns website where you hit the pothole. There should be something on the site talking about the highway department and potholes and stuff. When you call, they might tell you that you have to call the state highway dept versus the town, depending on where the pothole is.

When you get in touch with the right dept, tell them what happened and you want them to mail you out a claim form so that you can put in a claim to have the state/town/city, what ever pay for the damage.

However, since you probably didnt report it right away....chances are they may not help you now. You need to report it as soon as it happens. When my rim got bent, I called them the minute I got home and b****ed big time.

Good luck though.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99/Hyundai/RD1

well i tried going at it with a rubber mallet the other day, it didn't work at all. i don't even wanna call the city because we've tried that before and they don't do anything, our city is dumb. Any other ideas on how to do it myself?
Old 05-05-2009, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

there are wheel shops that could probably fix it.