Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I hate being overseas!

Old 02-17-2005, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate being overseas!

This isn't strong enough for it to be a gripe. But I went today to pick up my cross training paper work and the guy told me he couldn't pull up 06's numbers. I was like what's wrong with 05? They send you over here and the tie your hands. It's really starting to piss me. But the good news is I have my flight physical scheduled. That is probally going to be a joke. I should have put in to cross train when the wife was at tech school but i figured that she would come back to florida. But now i have to conform to more rules to be able to apply and then throw the ones that have in the states out. This is garbage. But i can look on the bright side i should be a 1A1x1 soon. Thank God. I hate my job here and will be looking forward to breaking airplanes instead of fixing them. Damn life is good. I should be able to submit my package for my new job before i go to texas for 7 level school. The best part is my dick head boss is pissed that i'm doing it. Oh well. Keep you guys updaded.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:28 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I was gonna wish you luck with everything until I read your sig...
Old 02-17-2005, 05:53 PM

such as life....the truth hurts just ask President Bush.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:03 PM

while I had hoped that we had left all the political junk back in Novemeber, like it or not... Solo is right.. The US sends so much money to other countries it is a sin that there are any people here living in poverty.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

True, although I dont see a reason to have something like that in your sig.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:32 PM

national pride and to make you think?
Old 02-18-2005, 12:01 AM

here we go again.......damn
Old 02-18-2005, 12:32 AM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there

QUOTE (solo-baric)
But i can look on the bright side i should be a 1A1X1 soon. Thank God. I hate my job here and will be looking forward to breaking airplanes instead of fixing them.

Focker, I HATE Flight engineers, J/K.

I'm a 2A676 ACFT E&E, why would want to become aircrew?
OR an even better question WHY WOULD YOU WANNA LEAVE LAJES???

What aircraft are you going to be on? or do you even know yet.
I thought about C/T to FE on C130E models but they are all getting center wing cracks and getting shipped off to the boneyard and the J models are pretty much cancelled right now and H model just suck. So I guess I'll just stick to what I'm good at.
That's cool you getting to retrain with all this force shaping going on, too.
Have fun over there man.
I need to get orders to Ramstein/Kaiserslauten area in Germany.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:56 AM

Vehicle: Honda

QUOTE (Whiplash)
True, although I dont see a reason to have something like that in your sig.

I agree.

Anyways, keep your head up dude. At least ya got internet and your health, right!
Old 02-18-2005, 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Blu_Drgn)
Focker, I HATE Flight engineers, J/K.

I'm a 2A676 ACFT E&E, why would want to become aircrew?
OR an even better question WHY WOULD YOU WANNA LEAVE LAJES???

What aircraft are you going to be on? or do you even know yet.
I thought about C/T to FE on C130E models but they are all getting center wing cracks and getting shipped off to the boneyard and the J models are pretty much cancelled right now and H model just suck. So I guess I'll just stick to what I'm good at.
That's cool you getting to retrain with all this force shaping going on, too.
Have fun over there man.
I need to get orders to Ramstein/Kaiserslauten area in Germany.

How long have you been in?? Well I'm 2A571, they pulled me from my dream assignment and sent me to hell aka Lajes. I hate the place more then you'll ever know. I'd rather be at Dyess then here. The E center wing cracks i've heard very little about. Chances are they will just replace the center wing on low time frames. Scrap the high time frames. This might force Lockheed to reopen the H model line. I can only pray for that. But reguardless I hope to get to the H model at Little Rock only because i don't know what is going to happen with the J model and pope. Them might end up getting them. But only time will tell. I've talked to some friends in the 1A1 community and everything is still up in the air. I would love to to be like you and stick to what I'm good at. But the Air Force dosen't really care what I'm good at. They either want me to cross train or get out. They don't care how many times i've deployed, how many 5's i've got on my EPR, or how well i do my job. What need to happen is they need to give each air frame it's own AFSC. Right now I'm supose to know how to work on C-5's and C-17's. I can barely put power on a C-17 it's so damn messed up. The TO systems suck for both air frames. I want to stay on 130's. They are my pride and joy. But if worst come to worst i'll fly a KC-10. Hell I'd even take a C-5 only because I don't have to work on it. But I grew up on 130's. I spent over 200 days in 2003 TDY with them. I know them inside and out. There isn't much i can't do on them. But the Air Force has tied my hands. It seems like they'd rather get rid of the good troops and keep the shitty one. I don't get it. But i'm going to fly! They way i see it is there are two ways to live on the ground or in the air. I love to fly. I was a flying crew cheif on 130 28 months after i joined. I just can't get enough air time. That is my main reason. Plus air crew get treated a hell of a lot better. I could go on and on why air crew is better then mx but i won't. Because I'll always still love to turn a wrench. I'll still turn wrenches after i cross train. I'll only do it when I'm TDY but i'll still have the love.