Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I expect rioting in the coming days....

Old 02-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default I expect rioting in the coming days....

So the city here has a HUGE issue with police corruption and police brutality. A few months back, a pregnant woman was hit by an off duty cop who was drunk and on coke at the time. The department covered up alot of stuff and ended up under fire for it. Alot of people lost their jobs, including higher up officers. Another department was recently under fire for beating a group of people senseless in a peace rally. yesterday, a police seargent was arrested for stealing $148 worth of tools from a local Sears. Was he fired? Nope...temporary suspension WITH PAY. The city is going absolutely nuts now and people are thinking thats the final straw to push people over the edge.

A couple other departments are clogging up court the judicial system like crazy because they're pulling people over and givine out tickets left and right for the absolute most minimalistic things. You guys remember me getting pulled over last year for my exhaust, right? I still have yet to go to court for it because I pleaded not guilty. I dont go until June of this year, making it almost a year since I even got the ticket. They're so backed up, they they keep pushing the date out further and further.

Another department recently got busted because 4 different cops were pulling women over, and having the women get out of the tickets by sleeping with the cops.

Its gotten really bad here, and no one trusts the police force at all. I'm expecting if one more big thing comes into the public eye, people are gonna start going off. Last year was the biggest year in all of history for the amount of cop shootings in the city here.

While I'm all for having police protect us and understanding that we need cops to stay safe....I'm completely against corruption, and its sad to see the people who we so much depend on, take advantage of civilians. Its especially tough when something bad happens with a cop, and it comes down to your word versus theirs. You almost ALWAYS lose when it comes to that point because 99% of judges out there will go in the cops favor, unless you have cold hard facts backing yourself up.

So it'll be interesting to see if people start rioting, shooting cops, and going crazy if the corruption keeps up. I also fear that the politicans will be next as well, seeing as how they generally appoint some of the chiefs and judges. blink.gif

Old 02-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

There have been a lot of police shootings here recently. We have some issues, but not as bad as where you are it sounds like.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

The good thing is that because so many cops are going to jail for corruption, the city is having a hard time filling positions and has been hiring like crazy. *lol*
Old 02-17-2010, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

There is a small town not too far Raleigh that has not had a police department in like 2 or 3 years due to corruption. The chief was taking money given to the department for upgrades and putting in his pocket.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

You almost ALWAYS lose when it comes to that point because 99% of judges out there will go in the cops favor
soooo true. i've had educated, hard working friends literally be jumped for no reason by police while walking back to their cars. they scarred them horribly and kicked them on the ground leaving bruises and black eyes. you can't win with them because 1. you'll lose and 2. you'll have cops harassing you 3. judges take their side and 4. it'll cost you thousands for a lawyer regarless

a few years back they kept a Polish guy locked up for 10 hours at the airport, tasered him to death because he didn't speak English. another instance, they tasered a woman to death because she was mildly drunk on an airplane. in what right?!