Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I Can't Do It!

Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I"ve been a vegetarian for over a month........I'm going to the store right now and buying a bag of my favorite American food: Spicy chicken wings.

Bye. Sorry vegetarians 02.gif

PS. Just an hour ago, i had a dream of eating meat. When I woke up I've noticed that I was salivating, drenching my pillow. Now I'm eating wings.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:02 AM

^ welcome back!
Old 04-02-2007, 03:05 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

bon appetite
Old 04-02-2007, 03:07 AM

Being a vegetarian is more than just choosing to not eat meat. There is usually some overriding moral conviction involved that makes the disadvantages and suffering involved all the more palatable.

I am a partial vegetarian. I gave up actual meat years ago.. but I still do dairy.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:31 AM

^^ Actually, I feel very good when I chose to be partial-vegetarian. I"m Lactose Intolerant, so that's out of the question. I did eat a little fish once in a while, but most of the dishes were korean dishes with no meat. well, I reallly feel like crap now from eating those chicken wings. I'll definitly stop after this.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:55 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I've been one for a number of years, and I've actually lost the desire to have meat. Once in awhile I don't mind it, and kinda like it, but I really don't enjoy a big chicken breast or pot roast.
But as Mad said, there's more to it than not eating meat, it's a whole lifestyle change. Getting rid of sugars, excessive salts, fats, and replacing it with better things.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I know its better for you but why does it always seem like the people living to 100 eat a pound of bacon a day, smoke, etc. lol. Maybe I'm exaggerating.. heh.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:14 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Everyone i knew who was a veggie was never healthy, case in point my second freshman semester i had a roommate who was vegetarian and he said he wishes he wasnt, he was like 85lbs and constantly sick. He said he was never sick in his omnivore days. To prove a point i let him punch me as hard as he could in my back, he went to town on me, punched until he couldnt lift his arm anymore, and it felt like a massage

We are made to eat meat, many nutirients we need to survive are easily attainable in meat, and hard to find elsewhere, plant protien for example doesnt absorb on a 1:1 ratio like meat protein does, so you have to eat much more of the plant you intend to extract the protein from.

Im a very healthy guy, but its mainly because i balance vegetables, fruits, grains, and healthy lean meats.

Im not saying vegetarians aren't healthy, but the extent you need to go to to make yourself as healthy as somebody who intellegently balances their nutrient sources isnt worth it, its much easier and more satisfying in my opinion.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:10 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ same here but i hear meat is the main cause of cancer from a direct source: a researcher that comes in my restaurant who all of sudden stopped eating meat.

eat what you want when you feel just don't go overboard.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Apr 2 2007, 02:14 PM)
Everyone i knew who was a veggie was never healthy, case in point my second freshman semester i had a roommate who was vegetarian and he said he wishes he wasnt, he was like 85lbs and constantly sick. He said he was never sick in his omnivore days. To prove a point i let him punch me as hard as he could in my back, he went to town on me, punched until he couldnt lift his arm anymore, and it felt like a massage

We are made to eat meat, many nutirients we need to survive are easily attainable in meat, and hard to find elsewhere, plant protien for example doesnt absorb on a 1:1 ratio like meat protein does, so you have to eat much more of the plant you intend to extract the protein from.

Im a very healthy guy, but its mainly because i balance vegetables, fruits, grains, and healthy lean meats.

Im not saying vegetarians aren't healthy, but the extent you need to go to to make yourself as healthy as somebody who intellegently balances their nutrient sources isnt worth it, its much easier and more satisfying in my opinion.

That's funny because all the Vegans or Vegetarians that I've met are healthy as hell and very beautiful. Their energy is high. I've met a Vegetarian body builder; he gets his protein from beans and soy.

The only reason why I want to become vegetarian again is because in 2003, I lost 45 lbs by being a vegetarian and doing Taekwondo(and working hard in the Navy). I felt sooooo good and energetic. I want that feeling again.